As the go-to expert for your particular area, you'll get the most out of our new systems, while boosting performance and KPIs.
You'll also drive better decision-making throughout Aldi by supporting business and IT teams with real expertise, data and insights.
We are constantly seeking better ways to serve our customers in store and online. Our global department leads transformation across technology, people and processes. It means it's a fascinating and important role with lots of responsibility. This is about getting stuck in and making a big contribution, so we can keep giving our customers new and exciting ways to shop.
Media Buying Business Analyst
Contract Type: 18 month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Monday-Friday 08:00-16:30
ALDI is looking for the very best business analysts to join the global team: early career professionals for whom working with data is second nature and who are excited at the opportunity to influence how data is used by a significant global advertiser.
We have several positions available at different levels of ALDI from Analyst to Senior Manager level where media buying expertise is indispensable. Level and salary for the role will depend on experience.
As an analyst in the ambitious Media Buying team, you’ll work internationally to optimise media planning across digital and traditional media. Your team will deliver value through consolidation of global media buying processes, the introduction of innovative new media buying strategies, and the development of strategic relationships at a global level with a range of organisations.
The successful applicant will be personable and detail orientated, and will be highly motivated to uncover ways to optimize global media buying activity.
Excellent remuneration package incl. 25 days holidays (plus bank holidays), company pension, employee benefits portal, private medical healthcare. Location primarily based in Tamworth, UK.
As an analyst in the Media Buying team at ALDI you:
• Assist in the development of media plans and activities across our country businesses
• Are meticulously organised and goal driven
• Are a key driver in creating a culture of data driven decision making
• Take ownership of weekly team planning
• Set and achieve weekly and quarterly KPI’s for the team
• Translate numbers into insights and ideas into solid plans
• Automate regular reporting to improve data visibility and support the team by creating regular business reports and dashboards for a range of markets
• Bring proven project management experience and will be expected to track success associated with the global media team with precise attention to detail
• Will be strongly process orientated and bring tight, efficient processes to the implementation of negotiation/procurement/buying strategies
• Are encyclopaedic in your knowledge of systems, tools and best practices used in business and data analytics
• Have a collaborative mindset and knowledge of the right tools to enable collaboration and coordination between stakeholders across several markets and formulated ideas on how to share best practice and leverage in-market experience
• Relevant work experience
• Proven ability to engage with international stakeholders and senior business leaders
• A customer centric focus
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Exceptional communication skills
• Process-driven and skilled in bringing structure to teams, implementing best practices and new tools to maximize positive impact of team activities on business
• Proficiency in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams
• Articulate and a good communicator
• Strong leadership skills
• Highly intelligent, with the ability to challenge conventional thinking
• Analytical with excellent numerical skills
• Self-motivated and ability to work in high pressure environments to short deadlines
• Professional and highly organized
• Ability to motivate and coach an international and cross-cultural team
• Qualified to degree level (minimum 2:1) or equivalent
• Masters, PhD, or equivalent or experience level in a quantitative field (such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, or Machine Learning etc.)
• Project management certified (such as PRINCE 2, APM or SCRUM)
• Experience with data mining, SQL and Python/R/SAS or other programming languages
• Experience in medi