As the go-to expert for your particular area, you'll get the most out of our new systems, while boosting performance and KPIs.
You'll also drive better decision-making throughout Aldi by supporting business and IT teams with real expertise, data and insights.
We are constantly seeking better ways to serve our customers in store and online. Our global department leads transformation across technology, people and processes. It means it's a fascinating and important role with lots of responsibility. This is about getting stuck in and making a big contribution, so we can keep giving our customers new and exciting ways to shop.
Analytics Product Owner
Salary - £45,585 rising to £52,510 plus benefits and travel bonus
We have an exciting opportunity for an Analytics Product Owner to join our Global Business Coordination department, at our Head Office in Tamworth. You will be part of a hugely ambitious technology programme and will work with a great agile team delivering marketing analytics applications.
You will work with the Product Manager - Marketing to drive product roadmap and translate business needs into user stories so you can populate the backlog with the agreed priority. You will be responsible for taking ownership of your product area and for communicating the product’s vision.
You will be responsible for understanding the business goals and subsequently driving success by delivering projects within the proposed deadlines and budget. You will be responsible for ensuring the products and services being built are suitable for the end users.
The ideal candidate will have an analytics background focused on digital marketing and will have had experience in designing analytical software and/or executing a Data Science role.
As this role is part of a global team, there will be significant travel for the first 6-8 months of this role. You will be expected to travel 3 out of 4 weeks per month.
This a full time permanent role.
• Decompose product features from the roadmap/program backlog into matured and estimated user stories that can be achieved in a single sprint.
• Manage and prioritise product deliverables for delivery team
• Collaborate with relevant subject matter experts
• Identify gaps in systems and propose solutions
• Maintain alignment between the product development and business objectives
• Understand how data is structured and how it feeds into reporting data models
• Delivering and collecting product metrics
• Defining sprint goals
• In depth understanding of the Product Owner role with a proven track record in delivering analytical software products
• Deep understanding of technical aspects of the project and ability to create clear team backlog items on sometimes conflicting / unclear requirements.
• Experience of Analytic software (e.g. Google Analytics / Adobe Workbench etc.)
• Experience in driving Insights from raw data
• Experience working with cross functional teams
• Excellent stakeholder communication
• A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Atlassian systems
• Ability to quickly understand new software
• Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken and able to demonstrate the ability to write clear, well thought through and concise user stories.
• Capable of building trust and relationships at all levels
• Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a mathematical field is desirable