Job Title: Global Account Manager – (Market Data, Energy Markets)
Job type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
Reporting Relationship: SVP, Global Accounts
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
We are currently looking for an outstanding Global Account Manager to join our highly successful commercial team.
In this role you will be responsible for managing and coordinating Argus’ commercial relationship with a section of our largest and most important clients globally. You will be responsible for developing the growth strategy for these relationships with the help of a team of internal specialists dispersed around the world.
Your immediate responsibility will be to grow our overall revenue within the territory to which you are appointed. In doing so, it is crucial that you are able to balance short-term financial goals with a longer-term strategic outlook.
Our opportunities are wide-ranging, including market data of strategic importance, reports, business intelligence and bespoke consultancy services.
Given the range and size of opportunities, we require a person willing and able to multi-task, prioritize and getting stuck in to get things moving the way we want them to move. The range, pace and overall complexity means you must be both intelligent and “street-smart,” with an abundance of commercial acumen being a must.
Our general approach is team oriented, consultative and methodical and you need to be diligent and hard working.
You must be able to lead and hold your nerve through a high-stakes negotiation.
- Manage your accounts and opportunities to hit targets.
- Build and identify growth opportunities within your accounts, using your team to develop and deliver value
- Build and maintain an ongoing business plan to help guide you and your team’s efforts
- Work with the Business Development team to identify longer-term opportunities
- Coordinate and manage resources internally to maximize value for your clients and ensure a clear, communicated path to renewal and increased relationship.
- Maintain and develop relationships to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Become the trusted advisor to your clients ensuring they maximise their relationship with Argus, and are open to communications about new products, promotions, upcoming events and engaging in our customer feedback mechanisms.
- Liaise with Editorial teams to maintain current knowledge of Argus products and also liaise with the Marketing team to stay informed about marketing plans.
- Manage all aspects of the administration of your accounts through excellent understanding and use of Argus’ CRM system and related technology.
- Feed future buying trends to Management.
Skills and Experience
- A very successful track record of B2B sales of data/IP, including with senior level account management
- International experience
- Customer focused
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to ‘network’ to get results for your clients.
- Able to use initiative as well as to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated, confident and results driven individual.
- Language skills desirable
- Educated to Degree level or above
- Willingness to travel 25- 50% of the time
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 25 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training.