Salary and benefits:A competitive salary, 21 days paid annual leave, access to a wide range of company benefits, on the job training & potential for additional skills/accreditations.
Kier Local Highways are looking to recruit a General Operative to join the Surrey County Council highways maintenance contract team. The successful post-holder will be depot based, operating within a gang to ensure safety of site, self and colleagues, quality of work and production. This role has a particular focus on reactive maintenance works.
- Carry out reactive and/or maintenance work as issued
- Ensure that work is completed to a high standard within a reasonable time scale
- Complete the required paperwork that is to be handed in on a weekly basis
- To be able to carry out on site risk assessments & raise issues when circumstances arise
- Work flexibly and carry out any suitable duty requested of you
- Take ownership of issues on site
- Communicate with the supervisor as & when required
- Be available for working on a standby out of hours rota
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Holder of a Full UK driving licence
- Holds the relevant Industry qualifications (e.g. CSCS, NRSWA)
- Cat & Genny Trained (desirable)
- Practical experience
- Committed/ Hardworking/ Reliable worker
- General ‘can do’ approach, enthusiastic and flexible
- Able to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Holder of a CAT C driver’s license (desirable)
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.