Warringtonfire has a new opportunity for a General Manager to join their expanding team in Warrington. This role, reporting to the Divisional Director, will have responsibility for all of Warringtonfire Certification business operations and processes, and represents a great opportunity to join a growing business in the TIC industry.
- To ensure the security of all accreditations relating to the operation of the business
- To ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner
- To drive a culture of customer focus throughout the business
- To drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the business
- To ensure the effective, efficient and timely delivery of the audit and inspection programmes, against scheme, accreditation and operational requirements
- To ensure the planning of daily operations and schedules to ensure targets are met
- To ensure the workload is delivered against KPIs and that these KPIs are reported
- To manage the operations and audit/inspection teams in the delivery of the workload
- To ensure the financial robustness of the unit including forecast, billing, collection and dispute resolution
- To ensure appropriate reporting is available to support the running of the unit as well as inform performance
- To drive colleague competency and performance utilizing appropriate objective setting measures, striving to ensure we are creating opportunities for all
- To support transformational change through colleagues with an emphasis on safety first and employee engagement
- Working with business development colleagues and other Divisions as necessary, engage with key clients ensuring agreed service levels are delivered, identifying opportunities to cultivate growth
- To drive service levels to best in class in the certification industry
- Ensure compliance with all Element policies including but not limited to terms and conditions and trade compliance
- To support the development of short and long term plans and strategies to include new initiatives and opportunities, operational goals and resource requirements, with the Divisional Director, to support continued growth and improvements in both the Warringtonfire Certification unit and other units across the Division
- Line management of key Scheme and Operational Managers
- Objective setting in line with individual and business objectives and goals
- Educated to at least first-degree level or equivalent, including experience, preferably in a business discipline
- Proven leadership experience, running a diverse workforce, including performance and absence management as well as coaching, engaging and motivating teams
- Experience of managing a business with a mixture of employees and sub-contractors
- Experience of managing a business with a revenue of £10m
- Experience in change management, operational excellence and continuous process improvement
- Proactive attitude to innovation and its impact on the business
- Ability to delegate to ensure all priorities are met, also ensuring the development of the team to support the growing business
- Must possess a strong ability to communicate (written and oral) effectively with colleagues and clients with great attention to detail
- Knowledge of the certification, inspection, testing and consultancy sector desirable
- Understanding of operating a business within a regulatory environment
- Focused on coaching and encouraging the best from colleagues, inline with creating a great working environment
- Can take time to understand people and process
- Making decisions based on facts and comfortable analysing data
- Ability to remain calm when faced with mounting pressure related to deadlines and multiple priorities
- Experience providing management information and overview on progress, results and issues
To apply please email Leigh.McComish@element.com
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.