Job Title: General Manager (Middle East)
Location: London, UK – with frequent travel to Saudi Arabia/Dubai
THIS ADVERT HAS BEEN PLACED BY MAGRATH SHELDRICK LLP ON BEHALF OF WHAT3WORDS LIMITED. EMPLOYMENT WILL BE WITH WHAT3WORDS LIMITED.
You will hold overall responsibility for the success of the in-country team. You’ll be based in our London office with frequent travel to Saudi Arabia/Dubai, so willingness to travel is essential for this position. Your role will involve sales, business development and account management, especially for our key local and regional partners. You will work with the local marketing manager, partnerships/business development manager and a local marketing agency, as well as the wider team based in the London HQ.
Joining our growing business development team, you will drive forward and forge key relationships for what3words in the Middle East. You will be expected to take on strategic responsibility within your first two months, thinking creatively about how to grow our business and acting fast to make it happen.
You will be:
- Charismatic and able to lead a team confidently
- Data-driven and motivated by challenging targets
- Highly tech-savvy, with an excellent understanding of the technology behind what3words
- Ambitious, with a desire to make an impact on the international stage in this fast-growing startup
- Excellent at convincing people to get things done
- Willing to work on all aspects of the business, from high-level meetings to day-to-day administration
- a natural relationship builder
- commercially-minded and committed to global social change through business
- competent at managing a small team, and an exceptional project manager
- able to communicate the technical aspects of our business with authority
- imaginative in how you find new clients, and rigorous and determined in converting those relationships into long-term engagements
- able to understand clients’ pain points quickly and match those to the solutions we can provide.
You will have:
- 5-10 years of experience, preferably having held a leadership or management role
- fluent written and spoken English and Arabic
- an incredibly sharp mind, with the academic or work history to prove it
- education to degree level, or equivalent
- experienced in the e-commerce and mobility sectors in Saudi Arabia/Dubai
- experience with the nuanced cultural elements of doing business in the region
- networks and contacts in Saudi Arabia/Dubai from the private and/or public sector
Extra points if you:
- have lived or worked abroad
- speak multiple languages
- have written code or built apps/websites
- have experience in public speaking and/or media/press interviews
- can show us examples of deals you have closed or high-value clients you have brought on board
- Salary: Competitive
- 25 days holiday
- Share options
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work
- VDU eye tests
- Free breakfast & snacks
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Regular team lunches & team socials
- Sports and hobbies clubs
How to apply:
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter by email to email@example.com. Please ensure you quote reference WHA/0004/00010
The closing date for applications is 23rd August 2019. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
Applicants have four weeks from the date of posting (26th July 2019) to apply for this vacancy. The closing date for applications is 23rd August 2019. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview. Recruitment agencies will not be responded to.
It is important that you read Magrath Sheldrick LLP’s privacy terms and understand how we process data and monitor communications. Please click this link or paste the link into your browser to see our Privacy Notice: https://www.magrath.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Magrath-Privacy-Notice-Adverts.pdf