Location: Cardiff, Wales
We are looking to recruit an Operations Manager, the successful post-holder will be responsible for overseeing the direction and management of operational business streams ensuring good profitability and the delivery of business plans in a timely and efficient manner.
· Management of profit and loss accounts for the site locations. Scrutiny and management of accounts and cost reduction measures
· Management and improvement of main Kier business KPIs
· Management of staff, T&Cs, recruitment disciplinary, promotion training unions
· Management of Company obligations under the health & Safety at work at and associated legislation
· Partake in effective staff training, proactive reporting, system support and other available means to maximize system potential and financial benefit on the contract
· Ensure all equipment is operated in accordance with company safety procedures and legal compliance requirements
· Ensure a balance between cost, service and risk, whilst developing best practice, strategy and policy for services
· Improve service levels to the client to meet or exceed contract KPIs, minimize risk of default penalties and reduce costs
· Lead or participate in business improvement projects in support of wider contract business plan objectives analysing business performance, presenting alternative solutions, making recommendations and directly supporting implementation
· Identify and develop new business improvement opportunities
· High standard of education (preferably degree qualified)
· Management of multiple profit & loss accounts
· Business focused on cost reduction but quality for the client
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Collaboration and team working
· Quality management
· Problem solving
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.