- Responsible for journal preparation, uploading and posting, including Fixed Assets, Prepayments & Accruals
- Responsible for maintaining and actioning a list of regular monthly journal entries
- Responsible for actioning journals requested via the journal register, GL mailbox, and direct requests
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of balance sheet reconciliations monthly, including the management, tracking and justification of open items, and in line with the high, medium and low risk requirements according to the period
- Must be able to explain why balances exist in GL accounts and how they are calculated
- Prepare statutory consolidation packs as required for review by the local financial controllers
The successful General Ledger Accountant:
- Studying or looking to start studying with recognised accounting body (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience of general accounting
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages, excel, access, word etc
This General Ledger Accountant role, based in Bracknell, offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in this area as well as perks & offers unique to the engineering industry.
The purpose of the General Ledger Accountant role is to be responsible for Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring all entries are valid and accounted for. In addition, there are regular monthly journals which need to be derived and posted, and which will be controlled through the balance sheet responsibility.