Our client is a luxury 5 star hotel in the heart of Berkshire
We are currently looking for an experienced gardener to provide efficient, high quality, and skilled hands on maintenance of the hotel gardens and grounds, and to maximise guest enjoyment by maintaining excellent standards of presentation of the hotels gardens.
As Gardener you will be carrying out the following duties:
- Day-to-day running of the gardens which include: new kitchen garden, a terraced area, rose garden, sunken garden, cottage garden, croquet lawn, lake, woodland, lawns and wild flower meadow, as well as small private gardens around the hotel accommodation and polo centre.
- Speaking to guests about the gardens.
- pruning and general gardens maintenance
- Care of the kitchen gardens
- Take on specific areas of responsibility within the gardens
The ideal candidate will have the following
- NVQ'S/RHS qualifications would be an advantage
- Experience of maintaining large estate gardens
- Good knowledge of working gardens
- Passionate about plant care, pruning and maintenance
- Attention to detail
- Confident and diplomatic when dealing with guests
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
Experience of kitchen gardens would be desirable.
- Available to work weekends and Bank Holidays on a rota basis.
C&E Recruitment is a specialist hospitality recruitment agency. We have permanent positions available at all levels within the hospitality sector. Should this vacancy not match your skill set please feel free to still click on the 'apply now' button and you will be contacted about other suitable positions. All candidates must be able to demonstrate that you are either an UK / EU resident, or hold a relevant and valid work permit or visa to live and work in the UK
£23,000.00 - £24,000.00 per year