Job Title: Garden Centre Sales Assistant / Till Operator
Location: The Shop - The Gardener’s Garden Centre, Rushmore Hill, Knockholt, Kent TN14 7NN
Type: Temporary, Full Time (March – Late June)
Days: 10 day fortnight including alternate weekends and Wednesday off during the week in lieu
Hours: 9.00am - 5.30pm (Some additional hours at the beginning and/or end of the day may be required)
Rate of Pay: NMW and NLW applies
Coolings Nurseries Ltd is a family–owned business based in Knockholt, Kent. We are dedicated to offering a unique and professional shopping experience for all our customers.
All of us at Coolings take pride in offering excellent customer service.
In order to cope with the huge seasonal peak that occurs in our business, we are looking for enthusiastic Garden Centre Sales Assistant / Till Operator to join our shop team. Previous retail or garden centre experience would be an advantage, but not essential as full training will be given. There is heavy lifting involved. Horticultural knowledge preferable but not essential as training will be given.
Duties will include:
- Offering advice and guidance to our customers regarding shop and gardening products
- Particular areas for replenishment are compost, aggregates and fencing departments
- Operating an EPOS till system and taking all forms of payment from customers
- Completing delivery notes as required
- Assisting customers with their purchases including packing and carrying to car if required
- Keeping the department clean and tidy at all times
- Checking incoming stock and informing of any shortages etc.
Key Skills required for the role:
- Customer service focused
- Ability to work on their own as well as part of a team
- Ability to provide high levels of customer service
- Active and fairly fit
- Trained as a fork-lift truck driver an advantage
Uniform is provided
Own transport arrangements are essential as public transport is not reliable to Coolings.
In return you will receive a Competitive Salary, Company Pension Scheme, 28 days’ holiday (pro-rata’d), Staff Discount and Healthcare Cashback Scheme.
If you feel you have the desired skill set and experience to excel in this role, then please click Apply!
Company pension scheme, 28 days’ holiday (pro-rata’d), Staff discount, and Healthcare Cashback scheme.