- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Manchester Studio
- Closing Date:
An exciting opportunity to join an ambitious new studio creating original games for PlayStation VR. Sony’s new VR studio is co-located in both Manchester & London.
We are looking for an experienced games designer to join us in our London office who can translate our game’s creative direction into compelling gameplay, mechanics and missions.
Having shipped several successful games, you will be excited by the prospect of applying your design knowledge & technical skills to Virtual Reality. This is a hands-on content design & creation role and strong technical skills are required alongside a good feel for gameplay.
You will work alongside the project’s design leads in London, as well as working remotely with a core development team in Manchester Studio in the North West of England. Occasional travel to Manchester will be required as part of the role.
- Designing & creating compelling & memorable game content including missions & game mechanics.
- Ensuring your design & implementation fits within the overall creative direction & intended audience of the game.
- Ensuring your design & implementation respect the technical constraints of the game technology
- Testing & debugging of your work
- Revising your work based on feedback, user test results & telemetry data
- Collaborating with the rest of the team to ensure consistently high quality design & implementation across the game
Skills & Experience
- You will have shipped at least 2 successful games in game design roles. Console experience is an advantage, as is AAA development.
- You will have strong technical skills & experience of using 3D game editors and scripting systems, preferably Unreal Engine.