We are looking for an engaging and proactive Skills Coach to take responsibility for planning and delivery of an outstanding learner experience within additional learning support, Functional Skills and pastoral support.
Key Responsibilities of a Skills Coach
- To undertake diagnostic assessments with all learners to gain an understanding of SEN needs and training needs in English, maths and ICT.
- To review and evaluate outcomes of diagnostic assessments and develop personalised individual support plans (ISPs) for each learner.
- To manage a caseload of SEN and Functional Skills learners to ensure they have the appropriate support to complete all qualifications.
- To develop and implement personalised session plans which ensure learners receive good quality teaching, learning and pastoral support.
- To ensure all learning sessions facilitate sufficient and demonstrable learning and development opportunity
- To ensure, where possible, that teaching and learning is contextualised to the occupational sector of the learner
- To continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of learning sessions to ensure they fully meet the needs of individual learners
- To undertake, at least, monthly visits with all learners and provide written feedback following these sessions.
- To support learners using a blended delivery model including one to one support, workshops
- To invigilate exams for functional skills across the delivery area
What you'll get from us in return:
- 32 days paid holiday in each holiday year, which includes the usual public holidays in England and Wales
- Company Pension scheme
- 3 years service = £250 every year on your birthday
- 5 years service = £500 every year on your birthday
- 10 years+ service = £1,000 every year on your birthday
- Attendance award of £250 for employees without sick days
- Denplan and annual eye test
- Flexible working opportunities
- Early 4pm finish on a Friday
- Employee of the month and year awards as well as Managing Director awards
- Midyear and Christmas company paid for events.
- Local team building events
Specification for a Skills Coach:
- Working knowledge of supporting ALS and Functional Skills learners
- A minimum of 12 months teaching and/or support experience
- Outstanding organisational skills and a sound attention to detail
- Ensuring there is a collaborative and inclusive approach to working with all stakeholders
- Consistently demonstrating the highest standards of professional conduct
- Evidence of effective planning, organisation and time management
- Willingness to aspire to reach full potential by continually improving skills and performance
- Taking ownership individually and collectively
- A personal commitment to achieving the highest standards of excellence