Risk Advisory is a single department of 200 plus people. The Risk Advisory department consists of three sections (Enterprise Risk, Safety Risk & Gas Technology). Due to growth in our services, we are looking to recruit a Senior Functional Safety Consultant. The role of the Senior Consultant sits within Enterprise Risk and will be based in Manchester but there will also be a requirement to travel extensively in the UK and occasionally overseas for the client-related work.
- Manage the delivery of multiple projects;
- Support and contribute to the sales process for the Enterprise Risk unit including bid development;
- Work with clients both in and outside the UK
- Work out of different offices in the UK to rapidly expand skills and company service knowledge
- Managing internal and external communications on technical matters
- Actively seeking to improve delivery processes through innovation
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge of the safety lifecycle defined in IEC 61511 (2nd Edition)
- Be Conversant with SIL determination to set SIL targets using approaches such as LOPA and Fault Tree Analysis
- Able to perform SIL verification through the use of tools such as Exsilentia
- Have experience of developing Reliability Block Diagram (RBD), Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Have a track record of performing staged functional safety assessments in accordance with the requirements of IEC 61508 and 61511 (Edition 2)
- Knowledge of the design and development of safety related logic solvers is desirable.
- Knowledge of the ISO 20262, Def Stan 00-56 and EN 5016x is desirable, but not essential.
- Degree qualified Control & Instrument Engineer (minimum 2:1). with a firm grounding gained through working for a design house or operating company in the major hazards industries.
- TUV certification to engineer or expert level (or equivalent) would be an advantage, but not necessarily a requirement.
- Analytical skills to draw conclusions and develop recommendations for our clients;
- Excellent verbal communications skills – ability to communicate with all levels in an organisation;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills;
- Flexible attitude to working in a fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment;
- Creative mindset with a willingness to work outside your comfort zone.
You will have minimum of 5 years’ experience within the Oil & Gas, Utilities or Energy industry working in a Functional Safety role.
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the technical advisor to the oil and gas industry. We bring a broader view to complex business and technology risks in global and local markets. Providing a neutral ground for industry cooperation, we create and share knowledge with our customers, setting standards for technology development and implementation. From project initiation to decommissioning, our independent experts enable companies to make the right choices for a safer, smarter and greener future.