Lyst is a search and discovery platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience. We work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
Partner Marketing Solutions brings together marketing, technology and sales to accelerate reaching customers online. We work across a number of external marketing platforms, such as Google and Facebook, and build brand new marketing solutions for our partners in house. Our mission is to become market leaders in digital advertising solutions for fashion sellers globally.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join the Partner Marketing team and help build the engineering solutions for digital marketing stack across multiple channels such as Google, Bing, Facebook. Frontend work includes building dashboards/public facing web applications directly for our partners. Backend work includes building end to end solutions for marketing channels including microservices which interact with marketing channel APIs.
- Communication: You are able to communicate clearly and be humble when sharing ideas with everyone on the team. You are able to explain your ideas clearly and transform them into plans. You are able to design the solution to a complex problem.
- Quality: You strive to write code that is readable by everyone, well tested and robust in production.
- Motivation: You understand and are motivated by the challenge of building scalable, reliable distributed systems.
- Technology: You are keen to work on/learn new Front end technologies such React, TypeJS, storybooks etc. You would be responsible for building and maintaining public facing dashboard and utility API for partners. You are not averse to learning new languages and technologies to help build state of the art solutions.
- You will have excellent Python knowledge and experience and be up to date on best Python practices.
- You have experience in using traditional relational databases (e.g. Postgres) and have good intuition for how to write efficient SQL queries. You are also required to use NoSql databases wherever applicable and are able to differentiate between relational and non-relational database use cases.
What will you be working on?
- Backend systems: Working across all backend systems to ensure the data we need is gathered and stored in our data lake.
- Full stack: Some full stack work on our main website to enable features that allow us to promote purchase of products. Some of the work will be on creating dashboard and public web applications for the partners on our site.
- Microservices: Building and maintaining microservices for interaction between systems.
- Analytics, Reporting and Monitoring: Developing reports and dashboards to monitor both the training and prediction performance of our models.
- Data engineering: Designing the Extract, Transform and Load pipeline to process data from our data warehouse / data lake.
- We work mainly in Python, running on a range of AWS technologies such as S3, ECS, SQS, Glue, Sagemaker and Postgres RDS, along with non-AWS tools such as Snowflake, CircleCI, Docker and Github.
- We have high engineering standards and practice comprehensive testing, code reviews, continuous integration and continuous deployment across all engineering teams.
Things that matter to us:
You are pragmatic and you like engaging with hard engineering problems.
You like all things about data, passing it around, parsing it, storing it and reporting on it.
You are curious at heart and like to take ownership of something to make it better.
You are a team player and communicate with your peers and other stakeholders in the company on a day to day basis
Being confronted with a difficult or strange problem makes you feel like a detective that wants to crack the mystery.
You enjoy nurturing your colleagues and empowering the team to the fullest of their ability.
- You get 29 days’ time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest. There’s also the 8 public bank holidays too
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day you start
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We're a fashion company, so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Conferences and events. We’re big on learning and development, so all Lysters get £1500 to spend on courses and training
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Transport season ticket loans