We are looking for someone to prepare meals for up to 20 elderly residents in our residential care home, Belvedere Lodge.
We need someone who can produce traditional home cooked meals. We are not looking for qualifications necessarily, we need you to always see the best in people, be relaxed and go with the flow, and we can teach you the rest. Caring for people is a rewarding and a fulfilling career and you will have the opportunity to interact with residents over their choices and preferences. You will need good standards and an understanding of food hygiene. We are looking for someone who is open and caring, who can make a difference to our team.
- Cooking and preparing meals and snacks
- Food hygiene and infection control
- Promoting choice and offering alternatives to residents
- Meeting dietary requirements and allergen needs
- Focus on family atmosphere amongst all residents, families, friends and staff
- Accurate and detailed record keeping
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Competitive pay.
- Subsidised DBS check, full payment returned after three months of employment.
- Guaranteed hours.
- Special bank holiday rates.
- Paid holidays.
- Subsidised staff uniform.
- Paid to attend comprehensive induction training.
- Paid to attend comprehensive training and re-fresher courses throughout your employment.
- Option to join additional training courses including Level 2 diplomas.
- Regular paid staff meetings throughout the year. We value your input and listen to your ideas.
- Regular paid supervisions throughout the year to support your development and for you to discuss any concerns or areas you would like more support with.
- Free confidential counsellor to hand whenever needed, whether for personal or work-related issues.
- Free confidential employee stress helpline available 24/7.
- Supportive, friendly, family atmosphere to work in.
- Meals provided for staff dining together with residents.
- Employee of the Month scheme.
- Recognition for staff who go the extra mile, regularly put forward for regional and national awards.
HOURS OF WORK:
Contact us today for more information and to request your application form. Please call the Home Manager Amanda on 0117 973 1163.
Take a look at our Facebook page to see more from our company and what our homes get up to.