- Ability to complete all duties, including creating, maintain and modifying code, as well as developing and improving coding standards and procedures
- Working in an Agile team to implement solutions which focus on re-use, extensibility and maintainability
- Working closely with peer Developers and QA team members to ensure that user stories are delivered as a team
- Working with peer Dev Ops staff to ensure application and technical infrastructure designs are compatible
- Working with international teams (based in UK, USA, and Canada) to develop software that aligns with Applied Systems global strategy and roadmap.
- Provide coaching / technical mentoring to others
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level (BSc or BEng) or equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise software development using C#
- An understanding of web technologies, in particular HTTP, web-services & RESTful APIs
- Ability to create SQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience of one or more Agile frameworks, ideally Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with any of the following a plus:
- Experience of the core XP practices including TDD, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and SOLID design principles
- Experience with distributed systems and microservice-based architecture using DDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
- Exposure to at least one service bus technology, ideally NServiceBus or Rabbit MQ
- Proficient at writing tests in C# for BDD (Gherkin) with SpecFlow and web tests using Selenium
- Experience with an ORM framework (Dapper/Entity Framework)
- Experience with the best developer tools, in particular TFS, Git, Resharper, and NCrunch
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied’s people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, 24x7 technical support, consulting, implementation, and education services.
- AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted
- 2020 Company of the Year (Stevie Award)
- 2020 New Product or Service of the Year- 2 awards (Stevie Award)
- 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Business Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Best Broker Software Management House (Insurance Times)
- GOOGLE’S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
- CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,800+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & BENEFITS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- HEALTH & WELL-BEING- Applied offers Private Medical Insurance, cycle to work scheme, and schemes to support employees.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- Competitive salary, and Pension Scheme with employer matched contributions.
- WORK-LIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work. That is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer paid time off including weeks of paid vacation leave, company sick time, paid holidays, summer hours, and 1 free day off for your birthday!
- RELAXED DRESS CODE- Applied allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this “Dress for your Day”!
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer BBQ, employee appreciation events, art contests, personal and professional development programmes, car parking season ticket loan, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just “another job”. Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 9 years.
- CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
- APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the ‘Applied Cares’ program.
TO LEARN MORE