Wavemaker - Front of House Manager
Location: Bristol, BS1
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: up to £25,000 /year
The Wave? is a surf brand and surf culture company building inland surfing destinations in the UK and beyond. We're developing stunning destinations for people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. We want to create engaging places for people to learn, laugh and stay healthy. We are ambitious and committed and we love this exciting journey.
Our inland surfing lake destinations are powered by the latest wave-making technology, offering perfect waves for all abilities. Embedded in stunning landscapes, we want to get people outdoors, into nature and enjoying life. All our work looks to make positive impact; balancing financial, environmental and social objectives... whilst being sustainable.
As an organisation, we are absolutely committed to providing amazing and inspiring experiences for our customers and we understand that in it order to achieve this, we are going to need a truly amazing and inspiring team to deliver them.
We have ambitious plans and intentions to grow from our first site in Bristol, to our second site in London and then beyond, across Europe. We understand that there we may face some challenges in doing this so, if you're 'up for an adventure' then you just might be the person we're looking for.
As front of house manager, you will assist the food and beverage manager in leading a business which delivers great food and drinks and the best levels of customer service. Our f&b area can seat 300+ visitors (inside and out) and will be a high volume operation. We'll be feeding and watering super hungry visitors pre & post surf and also those that have come to watch and hang out in our amazing venue.
With thousands of visitors each day this will be a busy place and in order to provide the high levels of service that our visitors deserve you will help put together and lead a team who are engaged, eager to learn and empowered to deliver the standards all the time. Operationally you will be able to turn your hand to all areas of the F&B function (FoH, bar & kitchen) and use your skills to train and develop the wider team. Establishing yourself as a role model not only due to your knowledge but also due to the way you approach the challenges of leading a busy service.
We believe that we have the best opportunity to be part of the most exciting and unique visitor attraction to come to Bristol. If you are up for a challenge and want to help us build something really special we can't wait to hear from you.
What you'll be up to
- Assisting in the delivering the departments KPI's.
- Recruiting an amazing team.
- Training, developing & nurturing the curiosity in your team to increase their skills & contribution & also progress their careers.
- Efficiently running service, leading the team to deliver the best experience to our visitors.
- Working in all areas of the food and beverage department (floor, counter, kitchen & bar)
- Monitoring the third-party food vendors on site.
- Championing and role modelling the highest levels of service.
- Bringing enthusiasm, positivity, stamina and sense of fun.
Skills / Attributes Required:
- Ability to work in all areas of the f&b department
- Strong attention to detail, especially with regards to standards and the Health & Safety, with an ability to spot trends and errors and opportunities to make improvements.
- An ability to work under pressure, with a drive and determination to achieve the best - a can do attitude.
- Great people skills, with an ability to motivate and inspire team members.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- A strong desire to get people active and to engage with surfing
- A proactive and ambitious mindset, with a desire to 'muck-in'!
The Finer Details:
- Basic Salary of up to £25k per annum
- 30 Days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Full-time Position, starting ASAP
- Working initially from our Bristol Office on the Harbourside and then at our Bristol site in Easter Compton
- Company Pension Scheme
- Wave Time
Please click on Apply to be redirected to our website's application form.
- Sorry - No recruitment Agents
- Deadline: 4th July 2019