FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
Are you a born customer service professional, with previous front office leadership in hotels with over 200 bedrooms? Do you thrive on developing and supporting a large team of more than 14 colleagues? Do you have a track record of growing customer satisfaction by being a natural host? If the answer is yes to the above questions, please read on.
As Front Office Manager, you will be accountable to the Hotel Manager for leading this busy department, that covers day reception, nights and shuttle bus operations.
Key emphasis is on the following business segments; Service and Operation, Human Resources, Finance, Sales and Marketing and Asset/Property Management.
The role will be very “hands on”, leading from the front, working with your team to ensure all guests receive an amazing experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of Customer Service and Operations
•Display a pro-active and leading role in terms of service, culture, development, team image, systems, procedures and skills development
•Ensure all guests checking in and out of the hotel have a great experience, by building a winning team who are focused and passionate about service excellence.
•To be able to act with initiative, planning for the future and possible consequences. Being pro-active in getting things done and exceeding expectations of both guests and colleagues where possible.
•To ensure complaints and feedback are dealt with using company procedures and with-in given guidelines.
•Utilise guest feedback platforms, to ensure the department succeeds its service excellence targets.
•Carry out DM shifts ensuring smooth operation of business
•Manage the efforts of departmental colleagues, and be a champion of excellence for all hotel employees in providing a high level of customer service.
Human Resource Management
•Accountable for and involving departmental team leaders, develop departmental training and development strategy for all employees.
•Preparing and conduct employee job chats and periodic performance reviews.
•Ensure departmental inductions are completed and ensuring all statuary training is adhered to.
•Ensure all departmental employees receive all company mandatory training, to include orientation, fire training, problem resolution, loyalty program, and service behaviour skills in agreed timescales.
•Continually supervise, mentor, train, coach, evaluate, motivate and develop staff.
•Build consensus within team to achieve brand standards and deliver service excellence.
•Adhere to employment law at all times.
•Manage sickness and holidays, in accordance with company policy.
• Effectively manage and update the time and attendance system, with future roisters and approved hours for departmental employees to be paid.
•Ensure ratios are to hotel standard, and departmental payroll budgets are managed.
• Process and administer all relevant paper work to all departments and senior management.
• Ensure all staff adheres to uniform policy and hygiene standards during your shift.
Sales and Marketing
• Ensure that the hotel facilities are up-sold at all times.
• All reservations made by departmental employees are to hotel policy and maximise ADR at every opportunity.
• Be champion for growing sales, by succeeding departmental upsell targets for room upgrade, breakfast vouchers etc.
•Ensure restaurant table reservations are taken as per the check-in procedure, maximising diner covers.
•Ensure that the brand promise is fully and consistently delivered within the hotels day to day operation.
• Work in conjunction with the Reservations Manager, maximise room yield by influencing revenue strategy for out of hours and future through influencing techniques.
• Build strong and lasting relationships with guests, be a contact for future needs and requirements.
• Fully maximise the Loyalty Program, by ensuring standards are succeeded and enrolments are maximised.
• Ensure that the brand promise is fully and consistently delivered within the departmental DNA.
•. Conducting departmental stock takes and be accountable for departmental costs.
• Ensure the departments fully complies with shift/daily banking for credit/debit cards, cash, cheques, and accounts receivables in accordance with company policies.
• Ensure all financial documents are safely escalated to the accounts department.
• Develop the end of day procedure, to ensure it is fit for purpose and adequately reconciled and archived.
• Personally, respond to or oversee the resolve any bill and/or charge enquiries.
•Track and monitor shift cash loses with reasons why.
•Accountable for the hotel operating change safe, completing daily checks and ensuring change orders are completed to business demands
•Complete regular audits and sampling in department, to ensure all processes and procedures are correctly followed (registration cards, keys, floats, pre-authorisation, delivery logs etc.)
• Adhere and maintain company records at all times.
•Be systems champion for the hotel property management system, telephone system, integrated payment solutions system, door security system, CCTV, Music and relevant interfaces.
• Follow and comply with the H&S & HACCP policy.
•Adhere to all Health & Safety procedures and policies.
• Ensure all contractors on site sign in at hotel upon arrival.
•Relevant administration of incident reports to General Manager.
•Follow the Incident/Crisis Manual and ensure team members are relatively trained.
Employee Staff Rate within IHG & Hotels Family
50% Food & Beverage Discount
50% Discount with Marco’s New York Italian Restaurant by Marco Pierre White
Use of Swimming Pool and Gym off peak times