Objective of the role
To provide a professional, efficient and proactive warranty claims service, reflecting the brand values of our clients.
35 hours per week. Due to the nature of this position, hours may vary in line with business needs.
- To handle all incoming calls in a polite, efficient and pro active manner, in line with the department service levels and company standards
Claim Assessment Assistance
- Ensure that the warranty is valid and that the claim requested is covered by the warranty and assist dealers making claims and assessing low value claims
- Register all conversations and details of the claim onto AP in house and or client computer system database
- Where a claim is deemed to be invalid and or is subject to partial denial of elements, advising the retailer/customer in a fair and reasonable manner
Claims Department Administration
- Ensure that the retailers are adhering to warranty claim procedures and authority limits
- Electronic filing of warranty claims and supporting documentation, ensuring claims processed for payment are audit safe
- To reply to all correspondence within defined time scales, ensuring the departmental standards are adhered to
- Collective responsibility to ensure claim payments are made within department time scales
- Collective responsibility of scheme and retailer claims performance
- To assist in audits of warranty claims. Additional training will be provided for this function
- To carry out any additional duties as requested by the Warranty Claims Manager
You will also be responsible for the following;
Health & Safety:
- To ensure that your work area is kept safe and tidy at all times
- To abide by the Health & Safety Work Act 1974
- To notify your Manager of any Health & Safety issues which may cause harm to fellow employees
- To advise your Manager of any areas of work that you feel requires additional training.
- Be available for training on new tasks and skills as required
Quality Management System:
- To work as a member of a team within the quality system and follow all documented quality procedures and instructions.
Key Performance Areas:
- To work towards achieving 100% on all Key Performance Area targets set for the department.
- To actively participate in and contribute towards individual annual appraisals, monthly team meetings and monthly one-to-one assessment sessions.
- To work within and be compliant at all times with all relevant regulations and legislation applicable to the role.
- Professional appearance in line with working within a corporate environment
- Previous experience of working within an office administration team
- PC Literate with practical working knowledge of MS packages
- Excellent telephone manner and letter writing ability.
- Self motivated
- Organised with strong administration skills
- Team Player
- Ability to remain calm whilst working under pressure/strict deadlineCommitted to the ethos of service excellence.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Knowledge of motor vehicle warranty and basic technical knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate confidently with dealers, clients, customers and suppliers