Job-Digital Data and Technology
Employee Status- Permanent
Full Time/Part Time- Full Time
Front End Software Engineer
Join our digital transformation
A global force in B2B e-commerce, our team is responsible for over 60 websites worldwide. We are pioneers, innovators and disruptors in the world of B2B e-commerce. We are on a digital transformation journey, experimenting with new tools and services that put customers at the heart of everything we do.
Make an impact as a Front End Software Engineer
Are you the kind of software engineer that knows quality is a team effort and everyone gets involved at all stages?
Do you want to craft products you're proud of and improve the systems, the process and the people around you?
Do you want to get involved in disrupting the technology market with innovative ideas?
Agile, XP, Lean, Pairing, TDD, championing automation and driving CI/CD with a delivery focus. Do all of these come to mind when thinking about great ways to work?
As a Front End Engineeryou will have full accountability for:
- Collaborating with UX / design teams to deliver experiences that delight our users.
- Delivering wide range of projects including some with an entirely new architecture with the ability to influence the choice of given technology
- Migrating tasks to move RS Online towards being a more agile engineering and technology company
- Work as part of a cross discipline team to deliver best in class solutions.
- Keep abreast of new technologies on the horizon that might benefit your team and RS.
- Champion best practices and good engineering principles, throughout the organisation
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications Required
- Logical approach and a high level of attention to detail
- General understanding of low-level design principles and technical integration skills
- Good understanding of contemporary best-practices and anti-patterns
- Be able to write high performance and thoroughly tested production code