Let us tell you a little more about us. Cigna exists to improve lives. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide that service Cigna, Express Scripts and other affiliate customers, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions.
We are going through an exciting period of expansion; at the centre of our International division’s ambitious growth strategy we are currently working towards multi-year effort to implement a consistent digital strategy for the international markets.
What’s the job?
You will work with the Digital Development team to bring new web capabilities to existing product suite Global Individual business line aligned under Cigna Technology Services.
You will transform UI/UX design wireframes into well-formed and standards compliant code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the marketing team, UI/UX designers and bridge the gap between visual design and technical implementation.
What will a normal day look like?
- Develop modern web solutions that provide great user experiences across multiple browsers and devices
- Develop UI components in Salesforce LDS technology
- Build reusable code, components and libraries for future use
- Setting and / or maintaining standards using linting & code quality tools to ensure consistency
- Keeping a close eye on client-side performance & security concerns and be constantly looking for ways to make improvements
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Work with developers, product managers, QA engineers, system administrators, vendors and others to ensure features are delivered to a high standard
- Understand when to automate processes to improve the delivery process of the team
- Take risks and champion innovative ideas to benefit the business
You will have experience with:
- Build tools & module bundlers like Gulp & Webpack
- Comfortable with BEM syntax
- Linting tools such as ESLint & StyleLint
- Git (Gitlab)
- Building and maintaining component libraries (eg Patternlab, StoryBook, Salesforce LDS etc)
- Responsive design practises using Bootstrap and CSS Grid
- Web performance monitoring & optimisation techniques
- Experience of an Agile software development lifecycle
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Automated UI Testing
- Understanding of DevOps delivery model
- Salesforce or knowledge of Salesforce LDS
- Automated Testing with Browserstack
- Exposure to Gitlab CI Pipelines or Azure DevOps (VSTS)
- Knowledge of SPA libraries and frameworks like VueJS, React or Angular
Why should you join Cigna?
You will get the chance to work with a global, truly innovative and flexible Technology division that is growing rapidly due to continued success and massive transformation.
We are constantly investing in, improving and innovating our global technology stack. Right now we are investing in Cloud, AI & ML as well as working heavily with Agile and DevOps methodologies.
You will join a business that truly invests in you as a person. You will be offered the opportunity to progress your knowledge and skills through both internal and external training, take secondment to other teams / projects and much more.
FLEXIBILITY – We are a truly flexible business. We offer remote / home working as well as flexible start / finish times. We pride ourselves on being able to offer a true work / life balance for all of our employees.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.