Are you looking for an opportunity to accelerate your career and work with a team of friendly, creative people? Upland Software offers a collaborative work environment full of smart, positive, and passionate people who are respected for their unique talents and empowered to do their jobs well. As a member of this close-knit team, you are encouraged to take good ideas and run with them, pursuing the best outcome for our customers while having fun along the way. If these things are important to you and you're driven by delighting customers, we want to talk with you!
As a Front-End Developer, you will be working both across and within our agile development teams and be involved throughout the full development lifecycle with particular responsibility to ensure the development & maintenance of the front end for our software platforms. You'll be involved in all aspects of the team including the creation and elaboration of business requirements, functional/design specifications, development and maintenance of our software and driving innovation into our product suite. You will have a particular focus on front end technologies and their continued development.
- Design beautiful, intuitive user interfaces
- Usability and user experience testing
- Demonstrable working knowledge of front-end design patterns
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile (SCRUM/Kanban) project teams ensuring high quality delivery is at the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
- Participate in scrum ceremonies and participate on development projects and implement solutions in partnership with development managers and teams.
- Resolution of performance or security issues.
- Provide relevant, honest and accurate feedback to management.
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of continually increasing our development productivity
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
- Be an advocate of automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Maintain exceptionally high standards of design and code quality at all times, including but not limited to adherence to architectural, security and scalability standards and principles
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- To be enthusiastic, fearless and boundary-less with the ability to coach and mentor
- Familiarity with web based SaaS
- Comfortable with absorbing new technologies quickly; highly self-directed and able to manage and prioritize concurrent and competing/conflicting challenges
- Innovator; ability to work collaboratively and a demonstrated team player with a results-oriented track record
- Follow recommended software development methodology standards, championing evolution as appropriate
- Pro-active customer service attitude
- A technical mindset with good understanding of algorithms, data structures, design patterns.
- Solid knowledge of Agile development practices.
- A willingness and an ability to share best practice and improve processes.
- Experienced in issues of Scaling and an understanding of optimising web-based applications.
- Experience working across multiple platforms and technologies
- Strong demonstrable experience of Object-Oriented Analysis & Design and accompanying design patterns with a commitment to Software Craftsmanship and Clean Code.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of open source frameworks (such as JQuery, Bootstrap, Angular, D3, React etc.)
- Ability to work with Distributed Version Control Systems
- HTML , particularly HTML design for emails
- CSS, including old & cross-browser support concerns
- Usability testing and optimisation
- Performance tuning
- Experience of web interfaces and working with databases.
- Scaling and optimising web-based applications
- Designing high availability systems
- Knowledge of Agile development practices and experience working in a cross-functional Scrum team
- Ability to work collaboratively and a demonstrated team player
- A willingness and an ability to share best practice and improve processes
A good standard of education with a very strong understanding of software development, specializing in one or more disciplines.
Upland Software (Nasdaq: UPLD) is a leader in cloud-based enterprise work management software. Upland provides seven enterprise cloud solution suites that enable more than one million users at over 9,000 accounts to win and engage customers, automate business operations, manage projects and IT costs, and share knowledge throughout the enterprise. All of Upland’s solutions are backed by a 100 percent customer success commitment and the UplandOne platform, which puts customers at the center of everything we do. To learn more, visit uplandsoftware.com.
Upland Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.