We are now recruiting for a Freight Internal Sales Executive to join the team at their freight forwarding office in St Albans
Your role will be to build and develop existing client relationships and maximise business potential and calculate Air, Road and Sea freight quotations
Our freight forwarding client provides a comprehensive worldwide freight forwarding service to UK manufacturers, exporters and importers who demand a cost-effective service together with a high degree of personal attention.
Our client is a well-established freight forwarder providing a comprehensive worldwide freight forwarding service to UK manufacturers, exporters and importers who demand a cost-effective service together with a high degree of personal attention.
My clients' active client base of approximately 240 range from sole traders to multi-national blue-chip companies in a wide range of industry sectors who all require an efficient and reliable logistics solution to transport their freight. With a highly skilled loyal and enthusiastic team working to a quality system. My client has developed an excellent reputation in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
Applying candidates will have ...
* Proven success of handling and calculating RFQ's and tender submissions.
* Experience of negotiating with clients and or suppliers.
* Key account management experience with proven success of developing relationships.
* Experience of calculating KPI reports.
* Experience of face to face client and supplier meeting.
* Good administrative skills.
* Good numerical skills.
* Good IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Not essential - Multi-modal freight forwarding experience
* Alternatively export sales experience.
* Either Sales / customer service or Operations experience.
* Confident communicator. (Written and verbal)
* A positive and engaging personality.
* Can do sales / customer service orientation.
* Strong work ethic.
* Good attention to detail.
* Calm under pressure.
This is a great opportunity to join the team in a forward-thinking organisation which promotes from within. They have a proven success of completing strategic acquisitions. Since 1983 The Group has completed more than 20 acquisition of small to medium sized freight related companies
Circa £22,000 - £26,000 Base Salary + Bonus (OTE 5k)
£22,000.00 - £26,000.00 per year