A leading freight and forwarding company have an immediate requirement for an operations manager to join them at their offices in Horley near Gatwick.
Key Skills: Operations Manager, Freight, forwarding, shipping, logistics
Location: Horley, RH6 7NL
Salary: Upto £36,000 and benefits
As operations manager your main role will be to manage the staff and department to ensure successful deliveries and completion of production tasks to meet clients' demands and deadlines. It is essential you have experience of Freight Forwarding
This will include:
- Health and safety,
- Goods inspection,
- Liaise with transportation companies
- Give clear directions and guidelines to shipping agents about nature of goods and delivery locations
- Maintain communication with them to ensure that goods are not damaged on transit.
- Prepare invoice for orders and deliveries as part of record keeping measures and evidence of transaction
- Ensure that workers adhere to industry standards in dealing with clients, to promote rule of law and avoid practices such as smuggling and overloading to avoid accidents which could lead to loss of lives and properties
- Assign different responsibilities to workers to fasten the job and promote specialization and accountability.
- Evaluate transportation cost and other expenses
- Keep records of all shipping activities, documenting procedures, guidelines, and changes in procedures for reference purposes
- Leading staff and overseeing activities within a department or specializing in a particular area, such as sea freight or air freight.
- Attention to detail
- Team Leadership
- IT Skills (e.g Fluent with MS Office/ Windows Pc/ Using computer based systems)
- Finance (manage Job Margins)
- Strong communication skills
- Positive Phone manner
- Smart & articulate
- Time keeping
- Accurate record keeping
- Good communication, both verbal and written
- Organization and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure
Please click "apply now" for more details.
£36,000.00 - £37,000.00 per year