- To collect all export shipping documentation (Airway bill, Commercial Invoices, Customs Documents, Proof of Delivery) from Freight Forwarders and Customer Service teams on a daily basis to UK Customs Requirements. Once data is obtained ensure it is tracked and documents correctly to comply with Eaton and HMRC Requirements.
- To Follow up with customer and Freight Forwarders to obtaining missing documentation in a timely manner, this involves working with tight deadline. The Daily leasing with customers and carriers to check products have been delivered and the correct information has been provided and being confident in chasing and dealing with the demands of the business.
- To stay up to date with current legislation and export documentation requirements to ensure compliance.
- To collect and provide the shipping documentation for Letters of Credit, leasing with internal finance, customer service and compliance teams to ensure the understanding of requirements for a letter of credit is met. Contacting and chasing the Freight Forwarders for the documentation required for the letter of credit within a timely manner to ensure Eaton is paid before expiry of the letter of credit.
- To communicate with the Chamber of Commerce to apply for attested documents as per shipping requirements of products being shipped.
The successful Freight Customs Controller will be a specialist in the field of shipping compliance and be commutable to the wider Liverpool area. You will also have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in import and/or export compliance, ideally within the freight-forwarding or in-house sector.
- Experience with ATR1 and EUR1's.
- Fluent in HAWB / MAWB and / or Seaway Bills of Laden.
- Experience of Letter of Credit, Export Packing Documentation, Commercial Invoices, Certificates of Origins etc.
- 3+ years experience in the industry would be beneficial, ideally previously working for a forwarder.
- Commutable to Liverpool area.
- 25+8 days annual leave
- 10% optional bonus
- Private healthcare & medical
I am actively looking to engage numerous Freight Customs Controllers for an exciting new opportunity in Liverpool. We are looking to enlist 5 candidates with the desire to grow their logistics career!