- Answering customer service queries in a timely manner.
- Checking and amending air freight manifests and invoices in line with shipping regulations.
- Preparation of documentation such as Bills of Lading, MAWB's and HAWB's.
- Basic customs compliance and clearance regulations.
- Calculating basic quotes and demurrage charges for customers.
The successful Freight Clerk will ideally have a background in logistics and have the following experience:
- GCSE / A-Level - Pass (ideally educated to a degree level)
- Prior experience in the freight or logistics industry
- Desirable experience in customs compliance or documents
- Ability to work in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office - Word / Excel / Outlook
- An outstanding telephone manner.
- Commutable to Castle Donington.
I am actively recruiting for an exciting opportunity in the fast-moving world of air freight. The successful candidate will join a market-leading business with huge opportunities for personal advancement across a two-year 'Freight Clerk' development program.