Established in 1989, JJ Food Service Ltd is an award-winning FMCG food service provider which has shown immense growth with over 800 employees and revenue of over £200 million.
We are currently seeking a Freezer Operative to join us and be a part of the company`s transition into new markets and its next phase of growth.
To succeed within this role, you will be need to be adaptable, flexible and never want to stop learning.
This position will suit you if you are/have:
- Experience in similar role, or within food or warehousing industry
- Physically active due to nature of the job including heavy lifting
- Good people skills
- Great team player
- Permanent Contract (no agencies)
- 28 days paid annual leave (including Bank Holidays increasing to 33 paid days for each completed year of service)
- Enrolment into Pension Scheme
- Free secure parking
- JJ Discount Portal
- Continues developments and long term career prospects
- Initial training will be provided
List areas of daily and long-term responsibilities:
- Receive goods from suppliers checking accuracy against delivery notes prior to unloading ensuring all damaged and missing goods are reported immediately
- Ensure online and counter orders placed are prepared accurately for collection according to invoice and picking lists
- Receive and store returned items from customers, completing and issuing accurate documentation as required
- Assist with delivery of items to customers taking instruction as necessary to provide safe service of goods to customer
- Wear correct personal protective equipment including high visibility jacket and safety boots at all times.
- Store items safely in correct location
- Check stock for damage, loss or short dated items reporting as required
The job will involve manual handling (lifting or moving products or equipment).
You will be provided with training to undertake manual handling safely, using the equipment provided where necessary.
Equipment: you will be trained to use appropriate equipment depending on the load you are required to lift.
Physical requirements: pushing, pulling the trolley to carry the above items occasionally.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who looks for stable and long term employment and wants to be a part of successful family run Company.
Starting salary for this position is £18,200.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and expertise and you want to work for the one of most successful award winning, independent Company in Food Service please apply.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Only successful applicants will be contacted.