We have three primary teams - Styling, Photography, and Content - who make sure customers have an engaging, seamless and luxurious experience. We're focused on continuous improvements and like to encourage everyone to make the most of their talents and contribute ideas.
About the role:
You will work alongside a progressive and innovative Content Production team. This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do. You’ll focus on creating ‘revolutionary’ content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with localizing and translating content for the Farfetch website.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will be required to create well-written, succinct and accurate translations to describe luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on the site.
What you’ll do:
- You will translate product descriptions from English into French
- You will translate additional content for the French website including webtext, flat content, social posts, editorial and ad hoc copy
- You will become a quality guardian for our French tone of voice and an expert on particular fashion brands and categories
- You will track and correcting defects of product descriptions and other localized content
Who you are:
- You are fluent in French and English (spoken and written)
- You are experienced in English-French translations
- You are knowledge of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
- You are a strong writer with a style that is accurate and adaptable
- You are knowledgeable of garment and accessory construction
- You are able to work to clear deadlines but also to work independently
- You are able to work quickly and to agreed daily targets
Non-essential but desirable
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
- You are experience with working in localization projects for e-commerce website, preferably luxury fashion retail