Airbus Cyber Security is a European specialist in cyber security. Our mission is to protect governments, military and critical national infrastructure enterprises from cyber threats.
We are over 700 experts based across our main locations in France, Germany and the UK, each with a Security Operating Centre, we also operate in the US and the Middle East.
We deliver reliable cyber security products and services that meet the highest requirements and protect you against cyber threats.
We provide a global cyber defence approach that dynamically aims to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats with a portfolio including managed security services, industrial control system offerings, encryption, key management and consultancy services.
Our goal: Protect our customers and support their business needs with cyber security products and services.Job description:
An exciting opportunity to join us as an FPGA Engineer in Newport.
The FPGA Engineer is responsible to the Head of Hardware Engineering for executing allocated FPGA Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
In this position you will be responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified product and customer requirements, by;
- Analysing requirements, specifying and documenting the FPGA solution and work breakdown.
- Preparing FPGA architectural and detailed designs and documentation.
- FPGA design generation and implementation.
- FPGA design verification.
- Integration of FPGAs onto the target platform.
- Providing FPGA technical support. Tasks you can expect to undertake in this role will include;
- All FPGAs are designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Clients Defence and Space standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Clients Defence and Space standards.
- Appropriate processes and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated FPGA development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with their development team leader.
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise. The cost/benefits of design possibilities are understood, and that judgement calls can be made based on them.
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions may have a significant impact on project timescales.
- The focus of the job is Operational - delivery of project funded Work Packages.
- Analytical - To identify and isolate errors in the FPGA or integrated target platform, their likely causes and solutions.
- Ingenuity - To work with autonomy on a complete FPGA design from concept to delivery.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate you must have the following;
- Experienced engineer with good FPGA development process knowledge
- Experience of FPGA design and implementation
- Recent design experience of devices from Altera / Microsemi / Xilinx
- Excellent communication, both oral and written
- Proficient in VHDL; a simulation and FPGA synthesis tool
Recent experience of using at least one of the following tools/development environments:
o Altera Quartus II
o Mentor ModelSim
o MicroSemi Libero IDE
o Microsemi Libero SoC
o Xilinx Vivado
Due to the nature of work undertaken, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
This role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.