Foundation Software Developer
Since 2001 thinkmoney has lived and breathed its vision of bringing ‘banking made easy’ to everyone. We’re a vibrant, growing Financial Technology company driven by a desire to help people manage money well.
We’re looking for a Foundation Software Developer to join our growing team! You’ll be a great addition to the team, dynamic, organised and able to bring the people together to deliver business needs. You will help us drive some exciting initiatives and help us build our digital capabilities to drive a profitable business.
You’ll be working in an open and transparent working environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute and shape the future of our business.
- To deliver a great banking experience to everyone, regardless of their circumstances or financial history.
- To give people the tools to improve their financial wellbeing and stay on top of their money.
And we do all that through smart digital services, a current account with a built-in budgeting tool, and the hard work of our ever-expanding team of people. Our 330 people personify our values: passion, professionalism, respect, openness, trust and humility. Join us and you’ll be delivering the most relevant banking services to those who need or want help managing their finances.
Putting our people and our customers first is a huge part of how we do things here. For eight years running, we’ve held a four star Fairbanking Mark to recognise that our account is good for customers’ financial wellbeing, and we’re a culturally diverse certified Investor in People.
How you can shape our future…
As a Foundation Software Developer you will have a hunger to learn and self-improve. Developing software at this scale is quite the challenge, so that’s why we’re passionate not just about the result, but how you get there and the technologies you use to deliver world-class systems and services.
What will you be working on?
We have a large estate with a wide variety of technologies, and with that comes many challenges! You will be working on supporting the existing websites and help to develop new ones as our product offering grows.
We build our banking website and mobile app with the OutSystems low-code platform. Reducing the amount of code written frees you up to focus on solving the business problems.
The website and app connect to a collection of back end APIs and systems that are primarily written in Microsoft .NET Framework C# to interface with a wide range of banking platforms – from moving money and printing cards to security and fraud protection.
That’s a lot of moving parts, but don’t worry – most of it you can pick up as you go. We have ambitious plans for adding new features and have lots of opportunities to improve while we do so. All we need from you is to be a developer who is willing to learn and grow. Experience in any of the technologies we use is advantageous!
As a Foundation Software Developer
- You are a person who loves to solve a problem.
- You could be starting your career after recently leaving education or following a career direction change or break.
- You are excited by learning lots of new technologies and practises, with support from your team.
- You will take pride in delivering high quality solutions, fulfilling the requirements in an elegant and succinct manner.
- You will work closely with the developers in your team to ensure your delivery is of a high standard.
- You will work in a highly flexible team, help that team to self-organise and apply best of breed coaching.
- You will be challenged with problems and will be given the space to collaborate and innovate to solve them.
- With opportunities for development everywhere, you will be in control of your own career.
A few of our benefits…
- Custom designed offices at Think Park, which opened in 2014
- Subsidised on-site restaurant with a Costa Coffee shop
- Subsidised on-site gym with two personal trainers, free personal training sessions, and a variety of free fitness classes
- Covered bike parking, showers and lockers for cyclists, loaner bikes and cycle training and maintenance classes
- Free shuttle bus to Cornbrook Metrolink and discounted season tickets