Job Description Summary:We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Forensic role.
· Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
· Own your own work You’ll be working on a range of engagements including disputes and investigations on behalf of clients including corporates, individuals, lawyers and regulators. You’ll use your forensic skills to determine the approach to the detailed review and analysis of financial and other material obtained and drawing out relevant conclusions. In addition, you’ll be assisting the team with the preparation of objective reports of investigation findings
· Be a part of a team You will be joining an experienced and senior team with a great reputation in the marketplace. The team across the North consists of 12 professionals, part of a UK team of over 200 including accountants, investigators, digital forensic experts, corporate intelligence specialists and financial crime experts. You’ll be reporting directly to the Associate Directors and Director in the team.
· Take responsibility You’ll be working with the team to determine the avenues of enquiry and to identify sources of evidence, requesting provision of documentation and information and critically review. An ability to manage your own work effectively is essential and you’ll be responsible for agreeing and meeting deadlines for the phases of work required for the delivery of high-quality assignments.
· Build your brand This is a great opportunity to work across regional, national and international engagements and support the wider team in developing both team and individual profile within the local and regional business and legal community.
The minimum criteria
· Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent), experience of audit and assurance background
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way. Working in a collaborative team environment
· Analytical mindset and ability to challenge data and information provided
· Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Attention to detail
· Flexibility to work across a range of industries and sectors
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.