Do you have a passion for football at all levels of the game? Can you create a range of content that fans want to read, debate, watch and share?
Do you want to be part of the collaborative team behind some of the biggest national and regional news websites in the UK?
Our audiences are growing rapidly online and we are investing in our teams to develop our top brands - ranging from The i and The Scotsman, to the Yorkshire Post, Yorkshire Evening Post, Sunderland Echo and The Star, Sheffield.
We are now looking to expand our football digital team with passionate journalists that have an encyclopedic knowledge of the game. You will support our local teams that cover big clubs such as Leeds United, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Rangers, Celtic, Hibernian and Hearts - and you will also help us reach new audiences across the UK.
You'll need to create high-quality copy, write compelling headlines that work for social or search and use different article formats to make the most of the stories you’re working on.
But the most important thing you will be doing is connecting with our football audiences through subjects that they can’t help but want to read.
In a newly created role, you will join a fast-paced, creative and supportive team which collaborates effectively to drive audience engagement across the JPIMedia group, and you’ll have the hunger to learn, develop and succeed.
Who we are looking for:
• Passionate and committed to serve our audience
• Hungry to learn and be successful
• Open to new ideas and change
• Demonstrable, in-depth knowledge of football and a passion for the game
• Understand the importance of meeting audience needs, wishes and aspirations
• Able to work cooperatively with others in order to achieve objectives
• Enthusiastic about online news, sport and social media
• Flexible, personable, and solutions oriented attitude
• Demonstrable copywriting experience with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to use analytics tools to inform content decisions
• Ability to respond well under pressure and working to targets
• A desire to learn how to best optimise content for SEO and social media
• Creating compelling football content
• Spot audience opportunities and tailor content accordingly
• Use digital analytics tools to improve output
• Collaborate effectively with digital teams across the group
• Source content from social media and UGC
• Creative interactive content such as polls and quizzes
Football Writer, JPIMedia
JPIMedia is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.