Job Title: Food Service Assistant
Location: Huawei, Reading RG2 6UF
Salary: Competitive Plus Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Working Hours: 40 Hours per week
Food Service Assistant introduction:
We currently have an opportunity for a Food Service Assistant to join our team based at Huawei, Reading, RG2 6UF This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Food Service Assistant Role:
- To provide food service to the highest levels. Providing a friendly, welcoming and safe environment for all people we serve.
Food Service Assistant Main Responsibilities Include:
- Counters set up and clear down
- Cleanliness of your area
- Help with hospitality events as required
- Work within any area of catering as required
- Completion of training in health and safety and food safety
- Completing any reasonable tasks asked of you
- To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and college requirements for Fire, Health and Hygiene
- To report any Health and Safety issues to your line manager including any accidents and near misses
- To promote good safety habits and methods of work
- To assist in the preparation of hospitality, setting up, clearing down, ensuring all is left to a high standard
- To comply with college procedures relating to cash handling and security reporting any issues to your line manager
- To operate machinery as shown and trained to do so, ensuring the equipment is used safely and in accordance with current regulations and company policies
· To be polite, professional and friendly at all times, with customers, clients & colleagues.
· To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times
· To demonstrate a can - do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
- To acquire a good knowledge of all products in order to be able to advise individual customers on their product choice
The ideal Food Service Assistant:
- Hard working
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually as needed
- Good interpersonal skills - calm nature
- Enthusiastic - Displays a natural and sustained enthusiasm and energy
- Self-Motivated - Needs no encouragement to make things happen
- Strong but Flexible - Always prepared to listen and consider the views of others
- Positive - Focuses on what CAN be done
- Personal Appearance - Recognizes importance that appearance has on the attitudes of others
- Responsible - Conscious of the consequences of action or inaction
- Conscientious - Demonstrates a commitment to get things done on or before agreed deadlines
About the company:
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Food Service Assistant a highly reputable company that encourages career progression and offers excellent rates of pay and company benefits. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply below today!