Delaware North are an exciting and dynamic business that has been in sports and leisure catering for over 102 years. We care about our people, guests and clients and want to ensure that they are safe whilst working at or visiting any one of our 13 locations across the country.
The Safety Officer plays an integral role in advising and providing expertise in supporting the operational teams on internal policy and the technical service of Food Hygiene and Health and Safety, championing risk management and compliance practices, whilst engaging with people-focused policies across the business.
Although based primarily at Wembley Stadium, this role will support the Head of Safety on an ad hoc basis at other locations with the role being based at Wembley 75% of the time and the remaining 25% being split across our other locations. Managing a team of event day auditors, responsibilities will include managing contractors ensuring they are approved to operate to the Delaware North policy, managing risk by ensuring appropriate risk assessments are carried out and reviewed and carrying out pre-event and event day audits and investigations where needed.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a role at a similar level and be qualified as follows:
NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety; or
Masters/ Degree level in Environmental Health/ Occupation Health & Safety Manager or similar; or
Equivalent qualification and experience
The ideal candidate does not need to come from a sport service and eventing background however experience working in large venues with high volumes of business levels would be an advantage. The successful candidates will be required to work evenings and weekends in accordance with the fixtures and event calendar at each of our sites.
Delaware North (UK) offers exciting and fulfilling career opportunities. We believe in developing our people as our future leaders and investing in their careers with training, a competitive salary, pension scheme, sick pay and company discounts. We value our employees and as such we like to reward success and encourage growth within our team. At Delaware North there are often opportunities to travel and explore the world, and as a global leader in Hospitality and Food Service, you would be perfectly positioned!
About Delaware North
At Delaware North (UK) our company vision is to ‘create memorable experiences’. We've been doing it for over 102 years in many of the world's most wondrous locations and 2018 will be no different. From airports to national parks, resorts to stadia, our teams are dedicated to delivering consistent world-class service to our guests and clients. None of this would be possible without the world class staff that we employ. We recognise you as our most important asset, and if you have the passion and drive to want to make a difference at a company that cares about your career then we need to hear from you……