Are you an experienced Administrator looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit 5 Floating Weighbridge Administrators for our team in various locations in Manchester, working 44 hours across a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern. This position is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
We have 2 roles available both Salford and Oldham, with 1 role available in Bury.
A Full Driving Licence and use of own vehicle is essential for this role.
Floating Weighbridge Administrator Role:
Joining our team as a Floating Weighbridge Administrator, you will control and operation of a weigh bridge in accordance with The Working Plan, The Site Licence, EN ISO9002 / ISO14001 and the Company's Policies and Procedures. Duties include:
- Assist in the monitoring of incoming waste to determine waste types and quantities to ensure conformity to site permit.
- Support the separation and securing of hazardous and special waste types to ensure conformity to site permit
- Ensure all site vehicle movements are weighed and correctly coded to produce statistical information for use in internal reports.
- Control of all site traffic to provide safe and efficient site use.
- Advise and assist site users and visitors, to best achieve their requirements
- Liaise and request goods and services, to ensure smooth, efficient and timely operation of the weigh bridge and to ensure conformity to the site licence.
Our ideal Floating Weighbridge Administrator will have:
- Knowledge of working to a site permit & working plan, emergency procedures and the Company's policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of credit/cash transactions and databases
- Communication skills, able to respond to and give oral advice and direction, to communicate with members of the public, traders and regulators.
- Ability to plan and progress a series of jobs within guidelines, make frequent decisions involving the use of initiative and judgement without access to seniors
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Floating Weighbridge Administrator, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.