• Identifying new business and looking after existing Van fleet customers within the market area.
• Achieving set sales targets for Fleet business and BDM
• Ensuring positive working relationships with departments/units which support fleet Sales.
• Holding sales presentations and providing customers with information and advice on new & used Vans, accessories, funding and after sales.
• Concluding sales contracts and making any required amendments to suit.
• Managing orders on hand and supervising order processing with Van admin team.
• Ensure the fleet team carry out follow-up contacts to customer and prospects; processing and managing a customer file.
• Maintain and control customer database together with marketing.
• Continuous involvement with set Personal Development Plans alongside the client’s requirements/targets for direct reports.
• Ensure that the fleet sales prospect system is operated and that all prospects and clients are contacted and followed up and that a regular cycle of contact is maintained, and that all relevant information is added to the company database.
• Monitor the progress of all sold orders to ensure that deadlines are met in respect of vehicle acquisition and preparation, that all necessary documentation has been prepared
• Ensure that credit references are undertaken on all new customers obtaining finance approval for any variances to normal procedures and that customers are on the approved list and that credit terms have approval
• To ensure that within their area of operation all company and trade associations policies, procedures and minimum standards are met and that all statutory requirements including trading standards, fire, health and safety are adhered to
• Preparing and carrying out follow-up contacts and compiling contact reports
• Must have knowledge of market and business area, basic commercial and legal knowledge, used vehicle management, sales talk and after-sales
• Strong organisational, time-management, interpersonal skills
• Good communicator – both verbal and written
• Ability to work with people at all levels within the company and the customer’s organisation
• Good presentation skills
• General PC skills/Microsoft Office, sales staff programs, communication/scheduling programs, Internet, e-business
• Ability to analyse demand and requirements