Job Reference: J183-A-20-75295
- Central Advertising - Other
- Basildon and Brentwood Primary Care Networks
- Basildon and Brentwood
- £38,890 - £44,503
This advertisement has been placed by the organisation named in the 'Department' section above.
Should you require further information regarding this vacancy please contact the organisation direct.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly skilled Mental Health Nurse Prescriber to work within our Basildon and Brentwood Primary Care Network service as a First Contact Practitioner (FCP) in a varied and exciting role. As an integral member of the team and working alongside other First Contact Practitioners, you will be responsible for assessing a wide variety of mental health presentations within a primary care setting, ensuring that service users receive the right level of support at the right time for their individual needs. You will identify, assess, and develop risk management plans as part of your routine clinical practice. Using your non-medical prescribing training and expertise, you will prescribe appropriate pharmacological treatments and conduct routine medication reviews. You will manage a small case load of service users using psychologically informed interventions developed through the provision of specialist supervision. As well as being involved in direct clinical work this role will also involve signposting service users to relevant services to ensure that they receive the most appropriate care when they need it.
Are you a passionate Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, can you demonstrate?
- An RMN qualification and current NMC registration
- A qualification as a Non-medical prescriber (V300)
- Experience of working in a mental health setting with a range of clients across the lifespan
- Experience of working as a non-medical prescriber in a mental health setting
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills - Microsoft Office/Patient record systems
To achieve our ultimate aim of making people better we recognise importance and benefits of investing in our team. We provide:
- Focus of staff wellbeing through, events, staff events, wellbeing champions and initiatives
- Flexible approach to working through remote and homeworking options
- Day to day clinical support and leadership
- Excellent clinical supervision in accordance with IAPT Manual and IAPT Supervision guidance
- Ongoing continual professional development opportunities
- Individual CPD and development plans
- Opportunities for High Intensity training or Senior PWP Roles as part of longer-term career development
- A friendly and supportive work environment with an overall culture of energy, solution focus and excellence in both our service delivery and support to our team
Vita Health Group is a leading UK healthcare provider with over 30 years’ experience delivering best in class physical and mental health services across corporate, NHS and private patients.
Skills and Experience:
- RMN trained
- At least 2 years experience of working as a non-medical prescriber in a mental health setting
- Awareness of and commitment to supporting and facilitating diversity and inclusion
- Experience of facilitating groups
- Completed psychological therapy skills training, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Experience of working in a primary care setting
- Trained in Structured Clinical Management (SCM)
Why Vita Health Group?
Our company purpose is “to make people better” which is inclusive of everyone we treat. In order to achieve this, we strongly believe in our company values:
- Customer Focussed
- People Centred
Our values provide the building blocks for us to achieve the Vita Health Group vision to be the UKs Leading Healthcare Provider of best in class Physical and Mental Health Solutions.
We are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer and value excellence in everything we do. We have a strong focus on supporting and developing our employees and are keen to bring on board candidates that share our vision to be a workplace of choice.
We continually look at attracting the very best people from the widest talent pool. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we are dedicated to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment that you might need in the applications process,you can do so by visiting our website and clicking on “contact us” button located at the top right of the page. Please dial the number for our head office in Bury St Edmunds and ask to speak to a member of our recruitment team who will be happy to discuss your requirements.
The role offers a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to:
- Enhanced annual leave
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Ability to work from home when required and where possible (min 5mb download speed required)
- Benenden health cover including access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Online benefits portal, including high street discounts and a wellbeing zone
- Continued Professional Development opportunities and comprehensive training provided
- Life Assurance insurance
- Access to internal Equality and Diversity Networks/Groups
- Length of service awards
How to Apply
Please submit a copy of your CV for review via the NHS jobs apply section
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident Committed Employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to supporting wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.