Excelsys Technologies Ltd. is an Advanced Energy Company.
Excelsys Technologies Ltd is an modern and progressive world-class Electronic Power Supply company providing state-of-the-art quality products to Electronic equipment manufacturers globally. Excelsys combines the latest power technologies, management culture and total customer service philosophy with over 25 years tradition of reliable and innovative switch mode power supply design, manufacture and sales.
We are looking for a new team member for our Engineering Department based in Ireland - Cork
To support our team we are looking for a
Reporting to the R&D Manager, the Firmware Design Engineer selected will be key to the acceleration of firmware development and innovation in the Research and Development team for existing and future Power Solutions within Excelsys and Advance Energy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of firmware for embedded devices in power supply products from concept to volume production
- Selecting the optimum hardware and firmware solution to meet performance, cost, reliability and schedule targets
- Ensuring firmware and software design complies with all required Design, Validation and Test standards
- Liaising with cross-functional teams to facilitate the design process
- Providing post release support to the internal and external teams
- Assess third party and open source software
- Technical Report writing
- Engineering Change Order generation
- Mentoring of junior engineers in the team
- Support test engineering team in validation of software/firmware
- Batchelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and proven working minimum 6 years of valid experience in embedded firmware/software engineering
- Background in Power Electronics and/or Power Conversion disciplines and experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Experience in medical device firmware and/or designing in compliance with IEC 62304 an advantage
- Programming experience in C or C++ and Visual Basic environment
- Proven experience in digital control of feedback systems and embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time algorithms and operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, unit code testing and peer review
- Experience in various forms of industrial communication protocols an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills and excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and self-motivation, initiative and drive
Become a part of our global, innovative technology - company. We are looking forward to receiving your online application with your salary expectations and your earliest possible date of entry.