We have a fantastic opportunity for a Firmware Design Engineer. You will contribute significantly to the design and development of new signal processing capabilities for the entire audio signal chain, from capture to playback. You will help develop innovative products for the world’s top smartphones, tablets, digital headsets, wearables, and emerging smart home applications. This is a great opportunity to join the Cirrus Logic family in an organisation operating at the forefront of cutting-edge technology!
- Contribute in the development of driving new ideas, creating IP, methodologies and techniques to improve existing software algorithms and solution offerings in accordance with the SW strategy as defined by the larger organization
- Providing input to the DSP SW roadmap, working with product definition teams to create leading-edge and differentiated feature-sets.
- Developing algorithms (designed by the research team) and porting them to C fixed point and running them on different embedded devices.
- Simulating, measuring and optimizing algorithms to prove that they meet intended goals, and optimizing the design to suit the constraints of custom hardware or DSP cores
- Designing test harnesses and lab setups to prove the capabilities and limitations of experimental algorithms
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree (1st or 2.1) or equivalent, in Electronics, Embedded Software, Signal Processing, Computer Science or related discipline
- Excellent mathematical ability and experience with the use of tools such as MATLAB / SIMULINK.
- Experience of developing floating and fixed point C code on different embedded platform.
- Innovative, creative, lateral thinking
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight and variable timescales
- Ability to pick up a broad range of responsibilities from design and simulation to prototyping and implementation on custom hardware
- Good interpersonal skills and a strong team player.
- Confident verbal and written communicator and presenter
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues to senior management as well as peers.
- Substantial background of developing algorithms in C/C++ on embedded platforms and DSP hardware
- Experience with embedded firmware design and interaction of software and hardware
- Experience in several of the following: General signal processing, audio / sensor signal processing; filter design; sample-rate conversion; haptic feedback
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Higher level qualification (MSc or PhD in Electronics, Embedded Software, Signal Processing, Computer Science or related discipline)
- Demonstrable experience in research and prototyping
- Strong commercial awareness
- An interest in audio, sensor signal processing and embedded devices.