Role – Fire and Security Maintenance Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to work with Onwatch Multifire. This role will be responsible for servicing and supporting new and existing fire and security customers in the South East by responding to service calls, carrying out planned maintenance and small installation works. The successful Maintenance Engineer will provide an exceptional customer service experience whilst completing routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and small works of fire detection, fire alarm, CCTV, Access Control systems and associated equipment and products.
As a Maintenance Engineer your responsibilities would be:-
- Minimum 5 years’ fire and security experience
- Carry out small works and servicing
- Respond to system breakdowns
- Service, maintenance and fault finding of both conventional and analogue addressable Fire Detection systems, Intruder, CCTV, Access Control and Emergency Lighting to the required standards.
- Small works will consist of replacing emergency lights, changing devices such as smoke detectors, mcps, cctv cameras, intruder panels, door magnets etc
- Be competent on both conventional and addressable panels. Taking downloads and commissioning a bonus
- Be confident to work on conventional and addressable systems such as Gent, Morley, Kentec, Advance, C Tec, Notifier, skantronics, Texicom, Galaxy, Samsung etc
- Work will be based in the South East with some time spent in Central London occasionally.
- Call out 1 in 10
- Maintain a strong understanding of relevant British Standards, in particular clauses relating to servicing, maintenance and commissioning
Your Requirements as a Maintenance Engineer:
- Qualification in FIA Unit 1 Design or Maintenance essential
- Certification in Asbestos Awareness training beneficial
- Excellent technical skills related to fire alarm systems, and electronic security systems
- Proven track record in the fire and security sector (CCTV, Intruder, Access Control and Fire Systems)
- Ability to demonstrate experience of servicing, fault finding and repairing Security/Intruder Alarm Systems, CCTV systems (Analogue & IP), Fire Alarm Systems (Gent, Morley, Kentec & Advanced) and Access Control Systems
- Demonstrate strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Strong customer facing experience and skills
- Previous troubleshooting experience with the ability to provide solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of the Fire and Security Market specialising in proactive video monitoring
- Strong understanding of relevant British Standards, in particular clauses relating to servicing, maintenance and commissioning
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card holder or Electrotechnical Certification Scheme card holder
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Familiarity with safe working practices and Health and Safety requirements
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) - desirable
- Competitive salary
- Overtime available
- Annual Leave (extra holidays given for length of service)
- Company events
- Company Van
- Fuel Card
- Mobile Phone
Sound like you? Then I invite you to apply and we will get back to you shortly.
OnwatchMultifire Ltd is a leading specialist in the design, installation and maintenance of CCTV, Intruder, Access Control, Fire Safety and Security Systems.
The company has 3 main sites based in East Sussex and the North East of England and have recently joined forces with 3 leading companies namely Netwatch(Ireland), NMC (USA) and CalAtlantic (USA) to form the NetwatchGroup.
Netwatch Group provides the most innovative fire and security service worldwide, using advanced remote monitoring technologies to proactively monitor and protect businesses.
Our team of specialists are able to fulfil the most demanding of undertakings and are qualified and certified by auditing authorities to meet the standards necessary for working within a full range of commercial, industrial and service industries.
Competitive Salary Based Upon Experience