The IMAP Fire System Technician is responsible for Performing maintenance and repair on existing fire alarm systems in Department of State principle building facilities, per requirements of Department of State Overseas Building Operations, Fire Protection (OBO/OPS/FIR), manufacturer’s requirements, and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Top Secret Clearance
- Experience in testing and maintaining fire detection systems;
- High school diploma, Must hold a minimum of a current NICET II (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology, Fire Alarm Systems) certification;
- Must have the physical ability to travel overseas
- Must be able to pass a physical examination for duty
- Must be able to work on ladders, access hard to reach areas, and be able to lift and carry materials and tools in excess of 25 lb.
- Must be familiar with the requirements outlined by NICET, NFPA, OSHA, and any other applicable regulatory agencies.
- Must be proficient in using a computer to send email, as well as use Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)