Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $500 billion in assets under management. We have over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield is a global organization with over 100,000 employees and operations in 30 countries in 5 continents. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BAM and on NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA.
For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
Our asset management business consists of 5 business groups (Real Estate, Infrastructure, Power, Private Equity, and Public Securities) in addition to the Global Manager group which covers the corporate functions.
Brookfield Property Group (BPG) is Brookfield’s most significant investment platform, made up of sector-specific operating platforms in the office, retail, multi-family, industrial and hotel asset classes. With approximately $195 billion of property assets under management, BPG is one of the world’s largest and most sophisticated owners, operators and investors in property.
Real estate finance lawyer to execute loans within BPG’s capital markets team.
The ideal candidate will have 5 – 7 years PQE real estate finance experience in private practice or in-house.
The candidate will sit within the investments team (in the transaction execution legal group) and will work closely with the wider investments team and the capital markets team, as well as the broader tax, compliance and regulatory and operations teams .
- Responsible for loan execution on new single assets / portfolio company acquisitions as well as refinancing of existing assets within Brookfield’s public and private funds. The candidate will also work with portfolio companies in the execution of loans at portfolio company level.
- Overseeing outside counsel in the execution of loans.
- Maintaining relationships with key execution personnel at relationship banks.
- Interpreting and administering loan documentation.
- Assist the investments team with general legal due diligence from a finance perspective.