We are a specialist professional services and technology firm, working in partnership with leading insurance, highly regulated and global businesses. We help our clients to manage risk, operate their core business processes, transform and grow. We deliver operations, consulting and technology solutions across the risk and insurance value chain, including excellence in claims, underwriting, distribution, regulation, customer experience, human capital, transformation & change management.
Our global team of more than 3,700 professionals operate across the UK, Ireland, the US, Canada & Bermuda.
Rewards and Recognition
Davies Group embraces innovation and run an annual competition to generate new business projects.2021’s top 10 finalists will travel to Nashville in Tennessee, USA where they will pitch their ideas to our investors, HGGC. The winner will receive funding to bring their idea to life, as well as rewards for the runners up, some of our colleagues have moved across into brand new positions to further develop their ideas/projects!
Other benefits include:
- Pension – 5% matched contribution.
- Life Assurance (2 x basic salary)
- Free local parking permit – dependent on office location.
- Leadership, professional training & support with professional qualifications.
- Development programmes & institute memberships.
- Season ticket & travel loans.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Eyecare & spectacles vouchers.
- Premium Headspace membership – for more information click here.
- Discounts on short term car insurance, the Guardian newspaper, National Tyre & Autocentre and more!
You will be responsible for the development of a cohort of apprentices against quality & various KPIs. Provide support & guidance throughout the apprentice’s learner journey to ensure progression against key milestones including qualifications & competencies as defined by the standard.
Build a relationship with the apprentice’s line manager (& other employer staff as required) to facilitate the apprentice’s development & time commitments & to review development & align with employer performance measures.
35 hrs, 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete induction presentations & apprentice sign up administration.
- Run monthly meetings with Apprentices in the work place & remotely.
- Respond to the apprentice’s remote queries &/or support requirements as required.
- Measure & assess progress of the apprentice against the objectives & milestones of the agreed learner journey.
- Undertake bespoke projects to enhance and assist the business.
- Complete all required documentation to evidence work completed in line with quality requirements, including tracking time spent off the job learning requirements.
- Interpret learning outcomes personally to the apprentice’s role & environment.
- Advise the apprentice how work based experience can relate to development against learning outcomes.
- Set activities to develop the apprentice’s competence against the defined learning outcomes
- Advise and coach the apprentice on relevant evidence to support the creation of a portfolio of work in line the end point assessment requirements.
- Support the apprentice in working towards their professional qualification.
- Escalate where concerns over apprentice progress or employer support, where cannot personally resolve.
- Decide in discussion with the Delivery Director & apprentice’s line manager, when the apprentice is ready for end point assessment.
- Support & coach the apprentice in preparation for end point assessment.
- Attend coach’s development / standardisation meetings as required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Five years occupational experience in the Insurance sector.
- Experience in apprenticeship delivery is preferable but not essential.
- Learner focused with a proven track record in coaching and supporting their achievement, retention and motivation.
- A1 qualification – preferable but not essential.
- Functional Skills in Maths and English at a minimum of Level 2.
- CII Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Insurance.
- Comfortable with using IT and e-portfolios.
- Full, clean UK driving license.
- Commitment to own continuous professional development.
Are you a Davies Person?
All Davies Group employees need to be able to demonstrate our Big IDEA;Inspire, Deliver, Empower and Aspire. It is essential all employees embed these behaviours in line with their job role.