Financial Controller / Accountant
Salary - £36-38k
Are you a passionate finance / accounting expert experienced working at Financial Controller level?
If you are, we have a new and exciting opportunity to join a well-established and busy business looking for an experienced, assertive and confident financial expert to head up the finance department, someone proactive and hands-on.
The Financial Controller will be a pivotal role within the accounts department, supporting Directors and helping to guide the business financially. We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller who works well in a very busy environment and is not afraid of getting stuck in.
Our client are a company that import and export with substantial transactions in various currencies, they require a finance expert who can support them with the following:
* Complete all month end procedures including: closing of sales and purchase ledgers, balance sheet reconciliations and management reporting packs for all entities.
* Reconciliation of bank accounts included multi currencies bank accounts.
* Ensure all purchase invoices and credits are booked on timely basis. Calculation of quarterly suppliers rebates.
* Manage monthly suppliers runs ensuring all suppliers are paid on time.
* Perform all duties of monthly payroll runs for all entities using Sage Payroll including PAYE/ NIC/ Pension, calculation of commissions (Reps and Agents), timesheet reports and managing weekly Employee's attendance records.
* Cashflow and currency management for all entities, making sure money is available for payments in GBP/USD/EUR.
* Management of office petty cash controls and company credit cards analysis and authorisation.
* Preparation of Sales reports for management on Daily, weekly, monthly basis.
* Managing Customer ledger accounts aging and credit control function. Calculation of quarterly customers rebates.
* Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT return to HMRC for all entities including HMRC forms.
* Occasionally dealing with HMRC for various queries VAT, PAYE, Corporation tax.
* Posting monthly journals for accruals, prepayments and depreciations.
* Liaising with accounts assistant, answering queries and reviewing the accounts.
* Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the businesses accounting records and financial systems at all time.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* AAT/CIMA qualified / part qualified considered.
* Excellent customer service skills, able to professionally manage customer queries and complaints.
* Experience of working to multiple conflicting deadlines and managing own workload.
* Good communication skills both written and verbal.
* Must possess great attention to detail.
* Must be self-motivated and self-starter.
* A strong desire to pursue accuracy, quality and value.
The working hours are 8.30am - 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch - flexibility around these hours is a possibility.
If you are someone who likes to be busy and active in their work as well as organised and time focused and are looking for your next challenge then please apply or call Hayley 01707 247 254 for more information.
£36,000.00 - £38,000.00 per year