Do you have financial analysis experience? Are you looking to take on a new challenge?
We are now looking to recruit a Financial Analyst for our team in Taunton, working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Financial Analyst, we can offer a salary of £30,000 - £32,000 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
The ideal Financial Analyst:
- Previous experience of working in a busy environment
- Understanding of key financial documents & controls
- Experience of working in a Finance role, ideally supporting multi-site operations
Financial Analyst Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development and embedding of a positive safety culture at all levels across the Company and in particular the relevant business area
- To provide accurate, high quality financial analysis to be able to provide insightful information and recommendations to aid operational efficiency, cost control and to identify areas of potential revenue growth.
- To prepare and analyse investment appraisals.
- Preparation of detailed operational analysis and variance interrogation and recommendations to improve operational and financial performance.
- Prepare accurate, timely monthly financial reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to drive operational and financial performance in order to drive profitability.
- Prepare accurate budget and forecast models by understanding business drivers for revenue, OPEX and CAPEX in order to be able to improve budget / forecast accuracy.
- Prepare monthly Site Profit and Loss accounts ensuring all postings for accruals, prepayments accurately posted and reconciled and prepare analysis and commentary on monthly results to explain performance.
- Prepare and analyse financial and operational KPI's.
- Communicate effectively in a courteous and timely manner and ensuring that all company policies and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as required to support the Finance Business Partner.
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Financial Analyst.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.