Here at Smith & Sinclair we’re a young, transparent and creative team driven to innovate consumable products that engage the senses. Our hero product is the award winning - World First - ‘Edible Cocktail’. We have redesigned the make-up of liquid cocktails to be consumed in the form of a giant fruit pastille which retains half a shot of alcohol. We already have a presence in a number of premium, independent retail outlets, theatre events and are looking to grow our brand across hospitality, travel and premium multiples globally.
We’re looking for a part qualified Financial Accountant. Working with the support of our outsourced accountants you will manage all aspects of daily / monthly book keeping and also take on some office manger responsibilities.
You must be a strong team player with an entrepreneurial mind-set who can take ownership and full responsibility for your remit, as a rapidly growing business being hands on and making things happen with minimum supervision is absolutely essential.
- Reporting to the Head of Operations
- Management of our online accounting platform Xero to include:
- Processing Purchase/Sales Ledger invoices
- Assisting in preparing the VAT returns
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Assist with payroll administration
- Account/bank reconciliations
- Monitor and resolve bank issues
- Manage and process expenses
- Assist monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
- Assist with year’s end closings
- Assist in preparing analysis of accounts as requested
- Processing payments
- Day to day control of cash flows
- Control of Aged Debtors and payments from customers
- Control of Aged Creditors and payments to suppliers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Management of cash flow
- Identify processes that work across the business that will streamline our ability to manage our finances
- Creation and communication of our weekly financial reporting documents
- You will also assist in managing all R&D claims with our accountants / HMRC to make sure we maximise any credits.
- Manage our payroll and HR providers
- Assisting with office admin, Office management, (10%) alongside your financial duties there is also an expectation to run the office on a day to day basis. We are a small team working in a fun office, but require someone to put some love into it an make our working environment much more inviting and creative.
- You must have an entrepreneurial mind-set who wants full autonomy for the role and can make things happen- you like to get stuff done.
- Can work with minimum supervision
- Has excellent people skills, good business acumen and exemplary work ethics.
- Is willing to get stuck in and have a hands of approach. We are a small hardworking team, so the flexibility to help out is a must.
- Will manage competing priorities effectively with resilience to keep the business’ day to day success on track
- Is diligent and discreet with all things finance and payroll
- Is confident with their ability to develop this role and have a hands on approach and passion for the business growth
- Minimum 2 years experience of working in a finance team
- Professional accounting qualification, ACCA/CIMA (part qualified)
- Experience in using Xero account platform
- IT literacy (MS office)
- A committed team player with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Have good communication and presentation skills Excellent organisational skills and communication skills
- Diligent and has an eye for detail
This is a great team to work with and an exciting challenge for someone wanting to make a long-term career move and grow with the business.
We are offering a competitive base salary between £25k - £35k depending on experience