We are seeking a fully qualified Financial Accountant to join our UK & Europe regional accounting team. The Financial Accountant role is responsible for a broad range of duties primarily statutory compliance, management reporting, maintenance of a strong internal control environment and business support.
- Maintaining, interpreting and reporting of timely and accurate financial data
- Preparation and analysis of variances period vs period; commentary on business drivers
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations and resolution of action items
- Balance Sheet variance commentary and analysis
- Supporting the annual statutory audit
- Supporting the risk management process through compliance with the company’s Sarbanes Oxley process including documentation and testing of controls and the maintenance of a strong internal control environment
- Provide cover for the preparation and filing of quarterly VAT and GST returns
- Calculation and management of accruals and prepayments for UK and European entities
- Bank reconciliations
- Developing and applying knowledge of Mimecast’s business to provide value-added analysis and support to other areas of the business
- Implementation of best practices within the department
- Other ad hoc duties.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- 2 years industry experience or 2 years post qualification audit experience
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP
- Experience with multi-currency reporting
- Team player with positive attitude, who wants to work in a growing and dynamic environment
- Credibility to liaise with senior management
- Methodical, diligent, accurate and accountable
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive improvement through change
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work to deadlines
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, pension, life cover, child care vouchers and an annual gym subsidization. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness. We strive to attract exceptional people who have ‘’that extra something’’ and really enjoy what they do. Are you ready to jump onboard with us?
Mimecast is a global company with certain business operations in North America. By responding to this advertisement you are agreeing to your details, including any personally identifiable information therein, to be transferred to Mimecast North America, Inc. Mimecast North America, Inc will maintain adequate technical and organizational measure to protect your personally identifiable information and shall use it for the purposes of assessing suitability for this role. Should you wish to respond to this advertisement but do not consent to such transfer, please notify us in advance so that we are able to make alternative arrangements.
Mimecast is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law.