When most people think of Fender® guitars and amplifiers, they think of our rich history and legacy, after all the Spirit of Rock & Roll is our company motto. For us at Fender® it’s all about the future. We need to work hard today to MAKE HISTORY tomorrow.
As the world's leading guitar manufacturer, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation "FMIC" has become synonymous with all things rock 'n' roll. Our iconic instruments such as the Telecaster, Stratocaster, Precision Bass & Jazz Bass guitars are known worldwide as the instruments that started the rock revolution and they continue to be highly prized by today.
It is our vision to continue championing THE SPIRIT OF ROCK-N-ROLL® throughout the world and our mission is to exceed the expectations of music enthusiasts worldwide.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME PART OF OUR FUTURE LEGACY?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly talented individual to join one of the world’s greatest music brands as a Financial Accountant for our French and Head Office division based at our EMEA HQ in East Grinstead, UK.
In the role of Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for preparing, examining and analysing financial records for Fender Musical Instruments France SRL (France) and to provide support for the EMEA region
To be successful in the role, you will be a qualified accountant, with practical experience of all parts of the finance function including French statutory and fiscal reporting experience. Ideally you will have experience in a multi-currency environment with excellent communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and standard operating procedures and identify/establish internal controls and ensure their operating effectiveness,
Accounting responsibilities - France
- Manage month-end close according to Corporate specified deadlines, ensuring timely and complete reconciliations,
- Preparing concise, accurate, timely and detailed general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries and reviewing transactions for correct local accounting and US GAAP treatment,
- Ensure that intercompany balances are reconciled and agreed with related parties with activity supported with documentation, where applicable,
- Manage accounts payable process, excluding payment,
- Provide support to Treasury team to ensure paperwork is up to date for non JPM bank accounts,
- Support and review Fender BV’s logistics department with submission of environmental tax returns,
- Provision of information for, and in some cases submission of, fiscal and government returns within relevant deadlines, including VAT and Intrastat,
- Prepare France statutory accounts to be reviewed by auditors, work with Company Secretarial representatives to submit accounts and tax returns,
- Work with European HR team and third-party payroll providers to ensure that payroll runs and authority returns are submitted timely and accurately,
- Provide support to staff and ensure that expenses in Concur are submitted on time and are coded correctly in the general ledger,
- Provide support to the Financial, Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team on forecasts and budgets, especially on the operating costs,
- Identify approved process improvements and implement them once approved
Accounting responsibilities – EMEA region
- Prepare and distribute EMEA Head Office intercompany month end statements and invoices,
- Ensure that EMEA Head Office intercompany balances are reconciled and agreed with related parties, supported with documentation where applicable,
- Maintain and manage policies and procedures for the EMEA region,
- Provide administrative support to US for EMEA Concur set up,
- Provide administrative support for Company Credit Card,
- Provide insurance information to US for annual insurance quotation,
- Maintain information to US on leases, especially to be used for lease accounting purposes
This is an indication of the main responsibilities of the role and the Company reserves the right to amend the content of the role at its discretion
- Qualified Accountant
- Practical experience of all parts of the finance function including French statutory and fiscal reporting for companies of a small/medium sized company.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment
- Attention to detail
- Advanced excel skills to manipulate volume of information
- Deadline driven with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Multi-tasking, flexible and adaptable
- Working knowledge of VAT
- French language
- Additional European language skills
- Knowledge of US/IFRS GAAP
- MS Access