We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
An opportunity has arisen for a commercially minded tax professional to join the EMEA tax department as a vice president in an advisory and project management role. This role will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the department’s contribution to cross-divisional initiatives, as well as leading the analysis and implementation of tax-specific strategic initiatives. Examples of current projects include managing all tax aspects of the firm’s Brexit planning (including UK, EU and US corporate tax, VAT, employee tax, client documentation, indirect tax registrations), strategically reviewing the EMEA tax footprint in light of US tax reform, as well as implementation of the new EU mandatory disclosure regime.
This position will report to the co-heads of the EMEA tax department and will involve significant interaction with other members of the tax department, as well as people at all levels across the firm. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and project management skills, as well as a broad base of tax knowledge relevant to multinationals.
Required Skills / Experience
- Professionally qualified (ACA/CTA)
- Currently working as a Senior Manager / Associate Director (or similar level) at an internationally recognized professional services firm
- A broad base of technical UK / EU tax knowledge with experience advising multinational organizations. Experience advising financial services industry participants preferred but not required
- Strong commercial, tax and reputational judgment and risk management skills with ability to apply these skills to complex transactions
- A highly motivated individual with an ability to build strong internal networks, leverage relationships and identify key decision makers to accomplish strategic initiatives
- Analyse impact of new legislation and implement related policies / procedures
- Ability to communicate complex tax issues in an easily understood manner, adapting message, style and format of delivery for clarity and to achieve consensus
- A team player with the energy and enthusiasm to prosper in a challenging business environment
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.