Primary responsibility of the Finance & Operations Director, UK & Ireland is to ensure the successful financial and operational performance of the UK & Ireland market through close partnership with the Managing Director and Regional CFO.
Specifically, under the guidance of the Regional CFO, the Finance & Operations Director, UK & Ireland will lead all activities related to Strategic Planning and Analysis, Reporting and Forecasting, Profit Planning, and workforce management. Providing timely, accurate, and relevant financial analysis the Finance & Operations Director will recommend improvement opportunities, develop plans, and drive projects forward.
The Finance and Operations Director will, in partnership with the Market Director, central Operations Leadership and Facilities/H & S, develop best practice for all aspects of Store Operations and Inventory Movement and H & S/Facilities management, and lead the implementation locally.
Identify strategic opportunities to enhance profitability, operational controls, and efficiency by analyzing expense, staffing, and damage/loss reports for all stores in Cluster.
Review Business controls, and in partnership with Regional and Global Leadership, develop and implement Best Practice across the Cluster. ( i.e. internal audit compliance, policies and procedures )
Partner with regional Merchandising to ensure relevant and appropriate assortments, report on inventory levels (including driving Physical Inventory checks), and facilitate merchandise pull-backs.
Provide ad hoc financial and process analysis to support Regional and Local Management decision making.
- Degree in Finance or other related field with 5-7 years of business operational experience in an analytical driven environment.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical acumen. Proficient with mathematical modeling techniques for scenario testing and goal setting.
- Strong project focus including attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- High level of self management and ability to function amidst tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a highly dynamic, fast paced and team-oriented environmentAbility to:
- Extract complex data and analyze it to monitor business performance and identify trends
- Translate operational metrics into financial performance
- Present ad hoc and formal presentations to Executive audience
Strong Microsoft Word, Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.